Sign in to follow this  
Brynneth

Blizzcon!

News bytes so far:

• Heroes of the Storm - New Nexus-born hero, Orphea.
  • StarCraft II - New Co-op commander, Zeratul.
  • Warcraft - Whomper Charity Pet Announced.
  • Warcraft - New Anduin and Saurfang Cinematic.
  • WoW Classic - Release Date: Summer 2019. Live Sub will grant access to Classic.
  • Overwatch - New Hero, Ashe!
  • Warcraft III - Remastered version coming in 2019!

Not sure it had been announced at the point I posted this, but either way there was a resounding "who gives a fuck?" from basically everyone including myself about it.

Blizzard completely failed to understand their audience with that.

There's nothing wrong with it in and of itself, but as the big announcement for the franchise at the opening ceremony, it was an utter failure.

So, one year later, and noones gonna comment about this years blizzcon? Look at all the new announcements for wow! Such as: 

great visual assets! 

more pruning! 

more anima power grind! hurray for AP! its never going to stop, EVER.

essences gone but replaced with covenant essences that you cannot change on the fly anymore! or, infact, at all, given that they want to make it "expensive and time consuming"! player agency!

lvl squish inspired by classics resounding success! also inspired by classic: more stuff on the gcd, and max 1 active ability for all classes! 

and i guess the entire story of the last 8 xpacs has been retconned and pointless so far, given that everyone who ever died is infact just a hearthstone-distance away. noones ever really gone, eh?

1 hour ago, Welsper said:

and i guess the entire story of the last 8 xpacs has been retconned and pointless so far, given that everyone who ever died is infact just a hearthstone-distance away. noones ever really gone, eh?

Pfft, mage portal time. Who uses a HS?

Hey now, i tried to balance it, i.e. my first line: great visual assets! which even i cannot deny. everything is still subject to change anyways, i wouldnt really give a lot about the details of the shown essences so far (the prot paladin one would be hilarious on live, avengers shield on all targets within 30 yards + bounces and aoe explosions? prot palas could time m20s in a single pull on their own with it)

my only really worrying issue is ions comment: "we wont do any class overhauls". Well, great, so everything will stay shit and unfun then? i really love how my entire prot "rotation" is pressing thunderclap for 20mins straight, or how 50% of my arms dps is an auto attack bleed while my "mortal strike" and "execute" crit for 20k in 440gear with a 430 gethiku, while getting smacked in the face for 100k templar strikes.