Sign in to follow this  
Kryton

Guild Thursdays

Certainly looking forward to killing a horde faction leader again and jaina going "ENOUGH!", scamming us out on our return-kill. Woooo! Mind you, the raid entrance should be in draz itself, yes? at least that means summons/turning up to the raid will be easy enough. 

Yays! Can't wait to get stuck in with this raid. 8.1 has been so boring so far. Also once it comes out we never have to do battle for stromgard ever again (unless you want to gear alts or transmog I guess).

1 random transmog piece in each 14day cycle, with 14 possible drops and 7 of those relevant for looks.. even with 4 plate classes at max lvl, its gonna take a while.

I think my favourite thing that I've learned about the raid so far is that the portal is so close to the centre of Drazar'alor.

Who knows, we might start vaguely on time?

I hope to start coming back to Thursdays now but if I go quiet and suddenly start casting teleport at random you know I have been called away!

2 hours ago, Dave said:

I think my favourite thing that I've learned about the raid so far is that the portal is so close to the centre of Drazar'alor.

Who knows, we might start vaguely on time?

You will summon me and you will enjoy it.

Raid guides are on wowhead now, if you don't want to rely on a very sketchy tl;dr from me it might be worth skimming them XD

Easy.

Boss 1 - hit boss, hit adds, hit boss etc (let tanks worry about the actual mechanics)

Boss 2 - hit mech, hit boss, hit mech (let tanks worry about the actual mechanics)

Boss 3 - AAAAAARRRRRGHHH I'M ON FIRE

That should cover tomorrow.

On 1/21/2019 at 12:56 PM, Nacey said:

You will summon me and you will enjoy it.

In all seriousness, whereabouts is the entrance? I assumed it was the big door in the middle but it isn't (and logically wouldn't be when I think about how the raid starts).

Thanks for the raid all, was a nice fun intro back in. As Todd is away next week, we'll need someone to step up as a second healer or it's basically a non-starter. If anyone knows anyone who doesn't mind farting about in normal that could help too

Yeah so I'd normally cut out of work drinks early for the raid given it's the second week but we have our big annual work event and this year we've booked out the whole London SeaLife Centre and frankly it's going to be cool as hell so fuck you all.

Healing is generally not too intensive and Dave was pulling better numbers than me anyway so any half-decently geared alt should be able to drop in for the first three bosses at least. The path I had on the split boss also seemed pretty easy if you can master running around in a circle at the right moment.

So, with mr. nacey not aroudn this evening and still no proper healing rerolls.. any predictions regarding our raid?

while were at it, really, we should just copy method and run all ranged in future, with a single dh for the magic debuff. itll make normal a breeze im sure!

Apologies for the lack of presence on my part, got caught up in some after-work things. Did you manage to pug a healer?

Went rather well indeed, and we only got "slightly" carried by some ilvl 400 dk and shaman dps.

But, to be fair, all bosses went down smoothly with no real wipes until council with one silly wipe on the last guy. 

we merely lost time due to two evades on opulence, but im sure we used to have more leeway here last week.. little choice but to kill both constructs virtually at the same time. Funny enough, i think the most time "wasted" was that goddamn ice trash, which is rather horrid in general.

Raid as normal tomorrow at 2000 gmt. We'll be extending and getting stuck into rastakhan. If we don't make much progress by 2100 we'll reset and do the first few again for shiniest.

Apologies for the first boss last evening, i dont even exactly know what went wrong, other than me dying all the time, and having the most horrid experience.

As for the 3 tank suggestion, sure, thats an option. alternativly, regarding the dropping of stacks, theres basically 2 workable solutions: 

#1: the boss tank manages those by themselves: this requires a lot of kiting basically, which, while i managed to do at times, obv messes with the positioning a lot, as seen last evening, making the markers somewhat pointless. the angle of the lightwave will be rather random, and while kiting, the blind of the crusader add can really mess shit up. 

#2: the add tank taunts on queue for 3-4 secs, while never leaving the actual adds. he should get about 1 stack during this time, and the boss will be running all over the place, resulting in the same issue from #1: positioning will be largely awful, and markers are pointless. during these few moments, the dmg on the add tank will also be considerable. 

#3: dangerously cheesy: pala and dk tanks can bubble/ams to dropp stacks, once every minute. while there is still some kiting required here in order to keep the stacks low during the entire encounter, at least keeping that cheese option for the critical portions of the fight can keep the situation smooth. unfortunately, we only have sharp here, as my DK isnt geared for the task. 

and i honestly cant believe we need a write-up like this for the very first boss of the instance on normal. i was genuinely expecting a heroic kill ach to pop up on kill, given the amount of trouble we had, especially considering the last weeks of just walking up to the dude for a kill. 

Edited by Welsper