Sign in to follow this  
Nacey

BfA Leveling and General Chat

Jesus, that baine scenario... nevermind the actual "free baine" part, the ending scene with thrall and jaina was like...what. wasnt the entire alliance plot about how shes over her past? "warbringer jaina"? she was this close to just dropping on her knees and sucking thrall off right there! HES A MARRIED MAN GODDAMNIT. and isnt jaina with kalec nowadays? who writes these scenes?!?

Wiki says they broke up. Its in the "before the storm novel" 

During his stroll, Kalec recalled the events that caused his love, Jaina Proudmoore, to leave the Kirin Tor and also end their relationship. 

However clearly Blizz are interested in taking 5 steps back and pandering to the Thrall x Jaina shippers. 

There is also some debate whether or not Aggra and thralls child died. In the safe haven video of Saurfang talking to Thrall he only says that his family are "Not far". Which would still fit if they were dead and buried. After killing the two rogues Thrall doesn't seem to be concerned that their might be other assassins that could be attacking his family. His only worry is that Saurfang was followed. Finally he decides very quickly to just give up on doing whatever hes doing and go off with Saurfang. Doesn't even consult his wife. However this could just as easily be attributed to lazy writing. 

However if this is leading to an expansion with a massive shake up where we don't have the alliance vs horde at all and the game "merges" the factions I would be interested in it. WoW needs a massive shake up to stay relevant at this point and that might be an interesting change. 

Edited by Gragneth

Id imagine they broke up because of jainas kinks.

j: alright, time to get down and dirty. but first of all: shapeshifter dragon, turn into thrall! k: look, im really not comforta.. - J: DO IT!

silly dragon, turning himself into a human..

totally unrelated: i love sfm.

Edited by Welsper

1 hour ago, Gragneth said:

if this is leading to an expansion with a massive shake up where we don't have the alliance vs horde at all and the game "merges" the factions I would be interested in it. WoW needs a massive shake up to stay relevant at this point and that might be an interesting change. 

Thats the impression I've had for a while based on a comment they made at Blizzcon about BFA resolving the faction war. Depends how much you read into it.

I liked the Thrall and Jaina bit.

The phasing in naszjatar is really bothersome mind you. ive had several occasions where i was "kicked" from my shard at most inopportune moments. LIke mid-battle vs the alliance and BAM, youre on a losing shard now! or, even worse, DURING COMBAT with the stupid rare spawn in the middle -> kicked to a shard without a rare spawn. bollocks. presumably if youre not part of the shards "main-raid", youll get removed so the 40 vs 40 has a better performance or something. annoying as hell.

Well, mechagon was quite fun so far, would love to finish the run for my essence at some point. But, seeing as the entire place has already been solod by a 405 prot pala, i blame sharp for every single wipe.

I have only just realised that Benthic gear is a complete scam. For previous raid tiers we got a battlefront that rewarded a item of heroic quality ~every two weeks. 

This time the gear can be upgraded over time. However it can only reach 425, which is 5 ilvls off the heroic tier. We also cannot get weapons from benthic gear. 

I think it is a better system overall but the bait and switch annoys me. 

Theres heroic warfronts now, you know. 430 base ilvl, needs 20-30ppl premade to queue, but its actually hard and balanced for ~420 ilvl for the entire raid.

Further: you do realize that benthic with optimzed 2ndaries and a socket outperforms (socketless) mythic raid gear - ilvl 445 - even without taking into account the "nazjatar/palace" effects, right? given the availability of socketed mythic raid gear, you really should be more worried about the fact benthic makes the entire heroic raid pointless, the 5 ilvls dont even make up for the effects, as the raid gear is mostly vanilla. 

This is further enhanced by the fact of the raid gear being awful in terms of 2ndary spread overall - i can get haste/mastery or haste/crit from every slot (except belt) in benthic, but the raid items are chock full of bad combos like vers/crit. the only saving grace for palace are the fancy trinkets and rings, which battlefronts couldnt dropp either. the new worldbosses have a nice loot table of "only wpns" and "only azerite" mind you

tho i guess SOME PPL were lucky and got a free heroic ilvl wpn in week1 of the new patch while other were stuck with uldir ilvl wpns+shields till 8.2 hit. 

tl;dr battlefronts i.e. afk for free heroic ilvl gear were a horrid mistake, one of the many issues of bfa.

Edited by Welsper