Sign in to follow this  
Nacey

BfA Leveling and General Chat

I mean, I'm biased but we could always use another druid ;)

Agree with Gaz though, shady priest is very different

Probably going to poke at a zandruid at some point but only very casually, the zanda heritage armour doesn't really catch my eye at all and I'm very happy with my tauren Paladin :)

Might race change my shaman though for bling totems

2 hours ago, Welsper said:

Zandalari Time! any rerolls + 120 yets? no? SLACKERS. 

Says the mag'har with no armour.

Just now, Welsper said:

6 months /played on my maghar... and only 81. truely, i am the speediest.

What on earth????

Are you trying to emulate Doubleagent and level only by the herbs you pick?

I just log in, stare sadly at the character while thinking about the unsurmountable task of lvling in a scaling world doing content i did HUNDREDS of time before, cry a bit, kill 1-2 mobs, and log off. It adds up, you know.

timewalking and dungeons in general are horrible for lvling, the xp/hour is godawful and dealing with up to 4 puggies make 5mans it a veritabel torture chamber. its not like i can just solo a 5m dungeon while lvling like welsper can just solo any 5m hc for a quick 1k gold bag with 4 background characters who might or might not contribute some xtra dps. 

My main issue with timewalking is really just that i end up playing a template of my character class - and not my actual character. while its not as bad as in wow as in ffxiv, where you even get all inappropriate skills for the lvl range removed, i.e. get scaled to a lvl 20 dungeon -> all abilities higher than lvl 20 removed from you bloody hotbar (essentially all of em except flash), its still awfully boring.

Youre clearly suffering from a percieved time-dilation effect due to living in greenwich time - you think everything happens really fast, even tho it objectivly does not. over here in +1 everything just takes a lot longer and life is more dreary in general, with the very oposite effect: it feels even worse, because youre stuck in that living hell for (percieved) that much longer.

alternativly: times flies when youre having fun, which you clearly did, while time slows down to a crawl during torture, which, as ive already illustrated, is any 5man with puggies for me. 

Alright, another.. preview for the next path, with ion & company, including great highlights such as: 

no class changes for 8.2. everything is fine, and everyone else is wrong if they say classes play like shit (thunderclap hoooooo!)

heart of azerite "changes" - it gets turned in a literal legion artifact, you will need to lvl it beyond 50 to gain access to the built in traits.. that are just the same traits we already have, but at least you wont need to hope for the right gear in 3 slots anymore.

water strider loses waterwalking - instead every mount gets an equipment slot for stuff like: cant be dazed, immune to fall dmg, and ofc : waterwalking. technically, as you need to be lvl 100 to access the water walking item, "regular" players could get the water strider mounts before water walking can be enabled - but theres none of those left anyways so fuck it. 

m+ changes: blizz thinks ppl skip too much trash in m+ ( see: mdi runs all NE partys for vanish + 2 rogues minimum for double shroud on every single team), so % will be adjusted to require a full clear of all trash, to de-incentivize using skips. thanks mdi. 

Removing the value of skips? - good

Letting me use a non-strider/ Golem mount? - good

HoA changes - at least it's something

It's in the link I posted, but I've not watched the actual video to see what was said. 

The prot warr nerf was expected, the dps is bonkers, and all the armor and hp buffs went way overboard as a panic reaction to prot warrs in uldir unable to even tank a single boss in mythic. Now how about those arms changes blizz? being dead last on all metrics (and awful to play) is getting trite.

as for the mythic % part, blizz talks about "a fairly large % rebalancing", and buffing the % of minibosses that proffessional runners generally skip. of course, as we never actually skip anything ourselves, well end up having to kill twice the trash anyways, cause thats the fun part, isnt it.

the heart traits they showed were rather boring, but they only showed prot palas (and arcane mages) so obv. they stuck to their class fantasy of being lame, no suprises here.

Just now, Welsper said:

as for the mythic % part, blizz talks about "a fairly large % rebalancing", and buffing the % of minibosses that proffessional runners generally skip. of course, as we never actually skip anything ourselves, well end up having to kill twice the trash anyways, cause thats the fun part, isnt it.

This simply isn't true. Changing the trash % sounds like it'll make the runs longer which is tedious.

Thats teh quote from the write up, almost word for word what the q&a said. Youd think just giving minibosses or certain trash packs "see invis" would be less effort...

KuandAyOnEMPLUS.jpg

Bah, never have i seen a more boring mdi. Every single group runs prot warr /resto / outlaw / outlaw / ww, with the ocasional uh dk switched in for the ww just for ending motherlode in 2 pulls. and the ww is only a tag along for the +5% phys dmg for the outlaw rogues anyways, their dps is pitiful in comparison to hell, sometimes even the bloody resto cat.

Ofc, nerfs already on the ptr, prot warr tc talent down from 100% to 50%... still the only talent worth taking in that row, because the alternatives are just so awful, regardless of how lame the tc "rotation" talent gameplay actually is. I expect a lot more nerfs incoming, mostly adressing the ridicolous survivability vs physical dmg. 

outlaw rogues on the other hand had their 2 - 4 target cleave buffed considerably, because they really need more dps. (their 50+ target aoe has been nerfed, but lets face it - this does not concern anyone outside of the mdi runners) 

So I broke WoW. Well I broke Gragneth. I was doing the quest line for the old god stuff as was in the instanced raid. I was also queued for raid finder as I need to get a Jaina kill done. 

I accepted the RF invite and could not see any enemies or allies in the raid. I could get bonus rolls of loot however. After the raid ended (still didnt count for quest) I realised I can no longer see anyone in the whole world. I dropped the quest, died, went through some portals and nothing fixed it. A GM told me to go get the quest again and complete it. I had to mount run all the way up to the top of Vol'Dun and could recollect the quest. However i need to get to kul'tiras to complete the quest. I went to the boat and this is what I found. I still cant talk to Tattersall and dont know how to get to Kul'Tiras. Any ideas? 

unknown.png

Its also really weird that I cant see any enemies but I can see a handful of random NPCS. 

Edited by Gragneth

And all those npcs seem to be actually swimming, as opposed to standing around on the lower decks next to their cannons, hah. Seems you found your very own gragneth-only world phase! 

PS: love your hotbars. clearly 80% of the buttons are phased out aswell! oh wait.. yay pruning.

12 hours ago, Welsper said:

PS: love your hotbars. clearly 80% of the buttons are phased out aswell! oh wait.. yay pruning.

Would not surprise me if DPS warriors used fishing in their rotation at this point. What else are they supposed to press?

poor dps warrs. Tanking on the other hand needs toons of buttons instead! good thing they made tc have no cooldown so i can just ignore 90% of em regardless and keep on stomping for them deepz.