Sign in to follow this  
Nacey

BfA Leveling and General Chat

Yes except I'm not sure those sources will be too high. They aren't going to want mythic raiders feeling forced to run LFR to get azerite gear purely to scrap it.

Tbh, I'm swimming in 370 azerite given the number of emissary caches recently. If that carries on it'll help.

Man, that screenshot gives me hope i might get to kill the traitor saurfang afterall.. or at least that troll. and anduin. and jaina. genn can stay alive, hes cool.

Also fuck me the amount of stuff in 8.2. 2 new continents, Nazjatar and Mechagon.

Edited by Sharp

Good thing i was wrong with the paladins. Id love to change my own pala over, but of course, having to lvl yet another shit character from 1-120 just wont do.

Also, mechagnomes. Wth.

What a lovely patch.. highlights (bugs aside): they didnt like the arms execute trait (baseline function in legion), used to be middle of the road but quite fun when it worked (obv. entirely dead trait for 80% of all encounters aside from tlaloc) so they retro-actively removed it from all gear and replaced it with the worst possible trait as of yet. They didnt even bother with "balancing numbers" or anything like that. just outright gone. like. what. the. fuck.

related issue ofc: enjoy grinding 6-10weeks for your "BiS" azerite gear until blizz decides they dont like your traits and "balances" or just straight up removes em while giving you nothing in return. good times!

This is why I'm going to buy random 385 pieces for the two slots I don't have then just sit on the currency. With traits being subject to balance passes totally at random, our current progression being limited to efficiently clearing 10s/11s and the fact that for pugging only the ilvl matters I don't see the point in spending three times the amount for a specific piece.

I'll get my first piece this week, as I'm on 130ish residuum as of this morning, second piece next week then stockpile.

I also appreciate the not-mentioned m+ "buffs"... the entire first part of underrot now has truesight so no rogue-skip for the broodmother trash, and King's Rest berserkers are now completely CC immune. also, the season2 scaling seems to be in effect (i.e. the higher ilvl reward = higher challenge bit, except no reward upgrade yet), so mobs deal on avg ~20% more base dmg. 

edit: oh, and freeholds pig now drops randomly somewhere and not in the middle. minigames on timed runs, woo!

Edited by Welsper

Well, thats just rude now, isnt it. A dastardly strategy indeed, considering the majority of horde players are mature, hard-working upstanding citizen, whereas alliance as mostly 12 year olds who probably skip their education every day anyways and only dare attacking when the real players are out living in real life instead. 

SPriest has the most different and interesting of the Build/Dump gameplay mechanics I've tried so far (haven't played either Hunter or Druid at high level, at least within the last 8 years or so). Building up your Insanity and then trying to min/max your DPS/drain rate on it is something new. 

Could also opt for healing if you enjoy that on a priest, tho i would personally suggest a drood, if only for the fact that you can do 4 different specs and roles. and in legion, boomkin was highly enjoyable! i cant say ive actually tried it in bfa however, would need some input from dave here. regardless of the playstyle, boomkin is one of the best m+ ranged classes ingame, due to their excellent aoe + utility. hurray for taunt trees and silence beams! and brez! and excellent mobility! 

12 hours ago, Gragneth said:

I want to level a ranged DPS. 

Choices are Hunter, Druid or Priest. 

Any thoughts? 

But will you have time with all the shooty shooting coming up?

Yes because it will be more of a long term goal for the expansion. It is not a "I need to level this in one week" thing. 

Mainly frustrated that warrior tanking still feel awful and DPS as melee is just painful. Clearly ranged DPS will be superior! 

Though TBH i guess I could just respec my shaman to Elemental when needed... 

Edited by Gragneth