Sign in to follow this  
Nacey

BfA Leveling and General Chat

My main issues with warfronts are:

1. You can't lose the scenario. People can just afk.
  2. The scenario is too short - we won one in around 15 minutes.
  3. Nothing really feels threatening.
  4. Because of 2 & 3 a lot of the mechanics (with the exception of the demolishers) are irrelevant since you can easily win it quickly without them.
  5. The time to unlock is fine but the 7 weeks of it being live may be too long. I can see the reasoning in that if its too short some people will miss it but 4 days might be more reasonable.

The concept is solid but the implementation needs a bit of work. Even just a "heroic" warfront that's tuned to be 45 minutes on average, that you can lose, and where things like troops have an impact would be cool for those of us that want a bit more. Those that want to either do it quickly or afk can then do the normal one.

I always got Danath

Personally, ive had danath for all three kills, which suggest it takes at least 3 cycles to get the next campaign research unlock, as the commanders hopefully rotate, instead of being rng. 

Dont ask me how the lore for this stuff works as horde literally KILLS danath, turalyon and muradin, while allies get to murder eitrigg, liandrin and rhokan. i spose therell be a state funeral after each cycle and the corresponding npcs removed from the game accordingly. for now, eitrigg still idles on my boat.. 

I agree that the time to unlock is ok but the time it is live is too long. I would retune it so the whole cycle took two weeks reliably each time. This would make it line up better with resets and reroll purchases and remove the element of confusion. If you limit the unlock plus scenario time to 7 days, there is also an incentive to contribute. The faster you reach 100%, the longer you have access to the scenario and the longer you can farm 340 gear.

Some mobs are threatening to a non-tank. The leader mobs in each pack will wreck me pretty quickly but that is in part because I can't slow them.

It's all, very underwhelming.

I've enjoyed the leveling to 120, but after that. It's a bit meh. There's also quite a bit to do already, none of it terribly exciting either, which will only get worse as major patches release with even more stuff to do no doubt.

I love playing with you guys, but apart from that, as someone who's having a bit of a 'down' period right now, there's not much to entice me.

I see some people saying this but I don't quite see it, there's more stuff at 120 content wise than there's been in pretty much any other expansion, particularly in group content with M+. Wrath and Cata added nothing other than dungeons and raids on launch, same with WoD. MoP added scenarios but they weren't exactly a hit. All of them have had the obligatory rep / daily / WQ stuff. Only exception is probably the order hall campaigns in legion.

Warfronts and Islands need some work but the "meat" that we've always got (raids and dungeons) are solid. 

Edited by Sharp

I do sort of sympathise with what Lei is saying. M+ is great content but you have to either be able to arrange regular runs to get value out of it or be prepared to pug for a long time each week.

Individual island rewards are rubbish so we only do the ones needed for the weekly as payout of time vs effort is ok. Warfronts really need work for me. It's currently a free 370 each month and a chance of another for the world boss on the same rotation. Will be interesting to see where else they go with it as there are supposed to be more coming.

The raid is our Thursday night and last week was great but the complete inability to scale for flex is getting crazy!

That's fair. Maybe it is because I took time off and burnt through some stuff this time round but I did log in yesterday, did a handful of dailies and then found myself wondering what to do next (log off was the answer) which isn't a feeling I remember having 4 weeks in before.

On 9/10/2018 at 3:54 PM, Buachalla said:

It's all, very underwhelming.

I think this does quite a good job of summarising my current feelings. It's just more of the same with very little new added.

I agree with that and am expecting 8.0.5 or whatever is next to do some big changes to azerite.

Also some of the island stuff from beta that seems to have disappeared going to live.

Edited by Sharp

Wow, yeah, that puts my feeling into very good words.

It's basically all the stuff that I didn't care for in Legion, but done worse. I'm honestly probably only going to log on mostly for Raid and Dungeons, because I can't bring myself to care enough to do anything else. Especially with the new FF patch next week.

I like BfA. The "meat" of dungeons and raids remain unchanged, as Sharp said. Uldir is interesting and very well tuned.

No legendaries so no pressure to run every single weekly lockout every week including LFR. My first was a pair of useless gloves and my second was Prydaz pre-buff. Not fun at all.

Neck levels being orders of magnitude less relevant than weapon levels so no real need to grind AP hard. EN wasn't so bad, but ToV with paragon, NH with 54 traits and ToS with 75 traits were all ridiculously grindy.

It feels much more like WoD where my main character is raid ready and I don't need to do much on it now, which is something I like but not the majority opinion.

I agree it is certainly more alt-friendly and maybe that is what I am missing. I find myself with nothing to do on Kryton and log off which never happened in Legion because there was always something to farm up so I've become used to ignoring alts for max level content. Maybe I'll level an alt but not this week as I have to fit at least 4 mythics in :P

I've had that too, my alts got a bit left behind in Legion because there was a lot of demanding content on my main to do, I actually like that that's wound down a bit, and there's still things to try and do each week when I'm on a main, like M+, Island Expeditions, Warfront, etc, which don't require me to be logged in and doing things on a daily basis. I managed to keep Ayria up a bit in Legion for first tier raiding backup (she went to a couple EN runs I think), but then never found the time to play her when there was a lot to do on my main. Now we're hitting a bit of breathing space I may try and level a couple of characters up at some point.

That said, I have a couple of distractions away from WoW right now with interview exercises and revision to do, so alts may wait until after that.

Dave's post is a great summary of how I feel. I'm liking this expansion better and if I wanted to play more there's still plenty of WQs or dungeons for me to do, or maybe I'd even feel like playing an alt isn't a total waste of time and actually do that, which simply never would have happened in Legion.

Yeah we have less rolls and more to use them on, all slightly strange.

Arguably once you're regularly doing M7 or higher, you shouldn't be using bonus rolls on world bosses or normal Uldir as the dungeon end loot is higher level.