Sign in to follow this  
Nacey

BfA Leveling and General Chat

A few tips for leveling and early gearing in BfA:

• Dungeons don't have many quests so aren't very efficient for leveling speed.
  • Keep your existing whistle, it reactivates for the new zones once you hit 120. (If you've lost it, Khadgar in Dalaran will replace it.)
  • When you reach 120, finish the Blood Gate achievement/chain to unlock another dungeon.
  • Heroics unlock at 305. Mythic PUGs generally ask for 315-320ish but 310 is probably okay in a guild group where others will most likely be higher.
  • Get a contract from the AH so you earn 10 Champions of Azeroth rep from every WQ as this is the hardest one to level and grants +15 levels on neck every time you fill a rep bar.
  • WQ gear scales based on your current item level so it does stay relevant and you should keep checking for upgrades there.

So, wheres the real thread then, huh?!=!

As this is clearly getting moved anyways, first impressions? i mean, its been 2 days already and we should be farming mythic by now... 

Personally, i thought nazmir was great, not done with zuldazar yet but its cool, but voldun was a bit meh... the snakeppl part was alright tho..

as for 5mans, most of em are pretty cool, except for the snake temple. Also, arms spec is godawful unfun bullshit and i wish i could spec out of sweeping strikes, which is a lovely "do nothing for 3+seconds" button that completely ruins all flow. fucking hell. Prots still on gcd so i cant form an opinion just yet.

Just as well you can use your monk!

I'm wanting to mythics at some point depending on when peoples are around. 220 in prot atm rising.

Todd and I will be travelling back on Sunday and up for some Mythics either Sunday later on or Monday evening.

We're 319 and 320 I think.

Azerite gear is becoming tradeable by next lockout.

Good change. I was about to post something in the mythic thread about gearing azerite slots as by removing masterloot whilst simultaneously preventing trades for 3 key slots seemed like poor decisions to do together.

Huh, that was apparently also mentioned in the Q&A: The m+ chest at the end of the instance and the weekly chache wont be containing any azerite pieces (cant warforge/titanforge). So youll have to make due with your lowlvl stuff without 2ndaries in 3 slots. Im.. not sure how to feel about that.

I don't think you want your mythic 15 chest to give you a 340 azeriite piece.

Depends how the WQ ones scale tbh. I already get 340 azerites from them so if at a higher ilevel they scale higher then that's fine.

Well, no, i want my m+15 chest to give me a 340 base + 60 ilvl titanforge azerite item, obviously. i really dont see why those things cant upgrade in the first place (technical issues with traits aside), i mean, the bloody thing doesnt even have 2ndaries. all youd get out of it would be more sta and meaningless mainstat.

They don't forge to reduce randomness.

Current WQ scaling caps out at 340. Maybe the raid launch will allow this to go higher but the Q&A also implies (based on the mmo bullet points) that Blizz are happy with mythic players "outgrowing" WQs so I'm not convinced they'll keep pace with raid gear, even on normal difficulty. I can see them aligning top WQ gear with the current LFR tier though.

WQ gear are similar to the start of Legion iirc. Good for initial gearing, alts and catch up when their base ilvl is bumped up after a patch.

I've stopped doing them as they are spawning 325-330 for me and I don't fancy hoping for a forge.

Unless it's a broken trinket.