Fyria

BfA Mythics

Ah well.

Wasn't tyranical though so should have still been fine (having done the horror that is Tyranical Cragmaw on a 10)?

Everyone died. So it wasnt fine at all! the "proper way" worked out tho, so no big issues overall. 

and now lets all look forward to the fun week of tyrant + bursting + necro, where every pull will end with 4 stacks of bursting on a tank with 80% healing reduction and a disc priest with no target to dps/heal! itll be great, im sure

And people wonder why resto droods with their nonstop frontloaded + no downtime hots (and brez, dps, mobility, cc and mana efficency) are the preferred m+ healers...

Sharp is right tho, warrs are largely irrelevant and outclassed in m+ these days, the mdi only runs warrs tanks cause no NE paladins - need that shadowmeld to skip 80% of the instance trash 

Thought I would at least try and do some Mythic+ runs to get chest stuff (is there an essence in there?). Did temple and I have never seen a group of people fail at the eyes so much. Must have been 6 minutes down the drain! 

38 minutes ago, Gragneth said:

is there an essence in there?

Yeah, though I think it's in pieces that you collect each week and then when you get 15 or something you get the actual essence.

4 hours ago, Welsper said:

a disc priest with no target to dps/heal

This is only a thing for AoE healing. For single target I can just spam Shadow Mend. Out of combat it doesn't even apply the DoT which makes it the best single-target heal in the game...whilst not in combat. Very useful!

You get the essences in the chest at the end of the dungeon. Rank 1 needs a 5, rank 2 needs a 7. There's one for each role.

Rank 3 you get through the bits in the weekly chest.

Rank 4 you need a timed 15 in all dungeons.

Give us a shout if you want to do m+ Loz, happy to come along even if for lower keys

@Welsper I've been thinking about the MDI and the immense variation in comps we see each event (for those who don't watch, it's prot warrior, resto druid and 3 rogues 98% of the time). If shroud left the group with a debuff similar to sated from bloodlust so you couldn't just use another rogue's shroud on the next pull, would it make a difference? It's not a direct nerf to the class as such but only to class stacking.

Frankly, its not even shroud thats the problem. its is merely used extensivly in UR where they actually employ all three of them. And even then, the rogues utility simply makes 3 out of 4 bosses a joke. 3 melee for interrupts on boss #1 + the tank = not a single successfull spellcast. 3 ppl with a 20sec cd sprint (+the drood in catform) for the tantrums on boss #2 = no adds. boss #3 with three rogues so sprint and clos nullify every single shroom explosion. their sustain with vial is also top.

They didnt use shroud at all in several instances, most notably waycrest and temple. the rest was usually done with a single shroud. motherload after boss #1, deathrun after boss#2 (masterminds have true sight), kings rest bridge skip, shrine bridge skip, etc. etc.  Shroud is really just a very small part of why rogues reign supreme. Consider this: the (void) emissaries see shroud and are "randomly" placed through all instsances. did this in any way change the groups from last season? well, it did, they went from two to three rogues per group.

The dps aside (which they also happen to be #1 on aoe, wtf. bladeflurry = ALL TARGETS; sweeping strikes = 1 target. thanks blizz), rogues have virtually not been pruned, some fancy passive effects aside. they have more utility than the next best 5 classes combined. simply talking about trash interrupts, which are damn important these days: kick, gouge, shotgun finisher, blind, clos and vanish to avoid. Compared to say: counterspell on a 30sec cd. and thats PER ROGUE. 

I dont know if youve seen the qualifier runs on the live servers btw, but the most impressive was a freaking 13minutes!!! freehold, with rogues doing all the work. what happened: all rogues stealthed ahead, sap&blind all caster mobs and misdirected (tricks) the rest, pure melee mobs to the tank who can survive pure basic melee mobs just fine -> blew those up, vanish+shadowmeld to reset the casters.

No other class can hope do what rogues can and bring to a 5m. resto drood are a close 2nd tho. 

The simplest way to fix the MDI is to just add a rule saying you can only have one of each class in a role.

I'm wary about balancing around the MDI, as its a very specific subset of the game.

Well, blizz seems to disagree and not only balances entirely around the mdi, they designed the 5mans with only those guys in mind in the first place. 

compare it to the legion mdi - s1 had all 4 tanks in the finals, and a healthy mix of dps classes all over - it was considered a "silly comp" to even use two of the same dps specs. a single team ran double arms warr due to teh set bonus for a single instance - eye of aszhara.

s2 was a bit less diverse in regards to the tanks, as 70% of the ppl ran blood dks.  there were still a few droods for their super tankiness, palas for utility, and everyone used prot warrs for their niche spell reflect in upper kara (that one also had a single 1prot + 4! ww run, but that was mostly for entertainment). dps was all over the place, with everyone playing the class they felt most comfortable with.

they even had different strats - in the deciding match in s1, one team ran a resto drood to stealth past the entire demon wing while the rest of the party died on purpose at the bottom of the stairs past spider boss only to get mass rezzed to the felguard boss - this was considered the optimal strat - but they lost to the other team that just cleared and skipped some trash in the rest of the instance instead. that makes for good and entertaining to watch races. 

compare this to bfa mdi: s1: 1prot 2outlaw 1ww 1resto; s2: 1prot 3outlaw 1resto. all pulls are identical, only difference is how many rogues hit the 5buff jackpot on roll the bones. its just not fun to watch at all. and if blizz wants this the be a "viewership-esport" it should be first of all one thing: entertaning. and bfa class and dungeon design simply doesnt allow for that.

6 hours ago, Sharp said:

I'm wary about balancing around the MDI, as its a very specific subset of the game.

I agree to some extent but some of the issues the MDI really highlights are still present in "normal" M+ groups. If you look at the pug groups being formed in group finder you will find large numbers requiring not only a daft raider.io score but actually seeking out a rogue. They are basically a requirement to do very high keys in time. Think how much more comfortable our runs were with shroud available.

what a successfull evening! if its any consolation, this week in general has a horrible overall successfull completion rate according to rio. 20%-50% ish for any run at 15+ due to "void week" (shrine is rock bottom at 20% ish, KR not much better). To compare, last weeks affixes had 80% ish overall completion rate. not that we managed that one either. hah..... god i need to get better at beguiling. 

Edited by Welsper

well, i guess you did contribute towards teh failed-ekey-statistic, yes. well done! annoying that blizz didnt release the affix schedule ahead of time this season so well have to see what awaits us next week. Why not something fun like grievous + quaking + tyrant for a laugh! whos up for underrot! and EVERY week from now on will be void week! infact, the other two emissaries have been hotfixed out of the game.

Now, i understand virtually everyone is still in on the classic hype-leveling-train and ofc, people are still traumatized from last weeks wonderfull mythic-monday adventures, but.. how about some m+ this evening? the affixes seem less horrible, theres virtually no voids and i would love to get a 10 done as usual as to not fall behind on my 445 azerites...