Fyria

BfA Mythics

Well, what a blast, gotta love them affixes. Alas, my own performance was utter shite as usual, high lvl runs usually involve prot warrs at 20-30k overall dps, so im essentially the worst player who ever touched a tank. I shall meditate on my failure for the next few days. 

Again, stop being hard on yourself, that affix set is very challenging and fortified teeming pulls do a LOT of damage. I wasn't exactly firing on all cylinders last night either as I was pretty tired.

Remind me to check routes before we go next time to avoid any awkward waves of reaping bastards and the changes in the patch should help with less casters

Just glad we had a bunch of tens ready, shame no 11 got done though, will make next week more challenging

Tons of keys for next week then, excellent. So whens the next season, reaping has to go tbh. Blessing of ashzara inc, random mobs spawn 2 nagas that try to fuse with the closest dude healing that on for 10% per sec + heal aura. Sounds a lot easier than "you aggro the entire instance at the same time". 

As a tank i personally hate it, because due to the stacking melee debuff i cant just all out aoe em, i have to kite and shit. If theyd be just a single HUGE aoe pull but with only basic melee, thatd be fine! but add: a stacking debuff + a frontal cone huge slam that leaves an inremoveable max hp debuff - casters - death explosions - and its a complete clusterfuck.

i just dont see why they added 4 different mechanics ontop of getting swarmed by a huge amount of mobs that, even if trivial, still add to the timer due to having % hp based on the original mobs scaling with lvl + affixes. its essentially another 25% hp scaling multiplier ontop of mythic lvl, fortifide and teeming (god forbid both of those). 

I like reaping but I'm not a fan of M+ being purely about trash. I have two sets of gear on Kryton which mostly vary in trinkets and azerite traits, one for single target and one for aoe. At the moment I only use the aoe one in M+, even on tyrannical weeks, as the trash (and reaping) makes aoe way more important.

The single target set only gets used in the raid.

2 hours ago, Welsper said:

As a tank i personally hate it, because due to the stacking melee debuff i cant just all out aoe em, i have to kite and shit. If theyd be just a single HUGE aoe pull but with only basic melee, thatd be fine! but add: a stacking debuff + a frontal cone huge slam that leaves an inremoveable max hp debuff - casters - death explosions - and its a complete clusterfuck.

Isn't the melee buff dispellable? I've never felt I had to kite but tbf I save bubble for reaping packs if I can.

I don't know what you did but that post somehow broke the entire surrounding frame including the edit button for itself. 😆

Managed to fix it, hopefully didn't lose any of that actual post.

27 minutes ago, Sharp said:

Isn't the melee buff dispellable? I've never felt I had to kite but tbf I save bubble for reaping packs if I can.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's magic and can be dispelled, and I try to remove it when it makes sense, but it is obviously subject to the standard cooldown on dispel.

The debuff is indeed dispellable, but when 20+ mobs apply it with every auto attack and dispell cd is 8 secs, that wont let you survive very long. Obv, i dont have cds like bubble taunt to make me more durable, and i cannot block a magic dmg dot either. And while my physical dmg reduction is godlike (OP tbh), i still have nothing at all to deal with magic dmg i.e. i get chunked by any caster or dot. Im sure healers already noticed that at times....

basically, just let me block magic. and remove magic block from palas, they can just bubble taunt anyways. good times!

Yeah, I tried to edit it and it wouldn't let me.

Even without bubble I've not felt the dot to be a problem in recent weeks and I've not been kiting. Maybe it is just me blocking more of it or just more CD's in general, or maybe the healers like me more.

I think we were lucky with tol dagor as well, no real problem fortified mobs, the shrine trash pulls were pretty hard to chew through

And ofc we messed up, the "ilvl-lock" was already lifted this week (due to mythic unlocking) and we couldve had 440s from our chests! clearly we wouldve pushed that much harder with that knowledge... easy week this time around mind you, tyrant + no bolstering = good times. aoe pulls galore, enjoy your "nerfed" focussing iris essences to just blast stuff into oblivion! 

For future reference - mythic Monday is back on until stated otherwise

Ah cool, might try and jump on Mondays to do stuff, I do miss doing a bit of M+ and Mondays are still the most consistently free days to do them.

Will you look at that. The tripple warrior (+ two other guys) team DOMINATED some m+ last evening. First impression of beguiling: horrid. the reflect and the cc emissary seem manageable, if somewhat of a waste of time. The shadow guy however can get fucked. sarah had to essentially solo the only one we could not avoid as the spell cast is way too fast for melee to jump in - hit it - jump out. Mightve been a grievous issue as i can seen maybe only dodging every 2nd cast without that horrible debuff, but having everyone on 4 stacks right away is just not manageable. 

but at least we have the horrible fort + grievous combo out of the way for a while.. as we had it twice in three weeks. tyrant grievous up next id imagine! 

Clearly. only dps warrs tho, my best "defensive" cooldown puts me at 660k hp and that makes grievous hurt way too much. should be changed to physical dmg reduced by armor tbh. wish i had that raid essence for +7.5k armor, that would be so sexy.

sarah had to essentially solo

Hey Disc is ranged DPS too, I did about a third of the damage on that thing.

that is true, your damages were OUT THERE. why even bother with "real" dps classes when discs can do 28k+ single target dps while 2healing the hardest mythic boss in the game at 430 ilvl.

5 hours ago, Welsper said:

that is true, your damages were OUT THERE. why even bother with "real" dps classes when discs can do 28k+ single target dps while 2healing the hardest mythic boss in the game at 430 ilvl.

Which boss in underrot are you referring to there? :P

Yes, i can imagine cragmaw is a nightmare, i remember doing that in s2 with both nacey and you at alternate points. good fun!

Also, Atal9 for a key, which isnt actually all that easy with tyrant for the poison + last boss. Still should be doable, if ppl can be bothered at any point this week!