Fyria

BfA Mythics

Starting a new thread for weekly Mythic planning/chat.

Generally there will be a bunch of people that want to get dungeons done each week, so as more people gear up, we may have to start coordinating days and groups a bit more again.

Mythic+

Angry Keystones is a useful addon to help keep track of timers, numerical enemy values for kill progress, death breakdown, etc.

Current affixes:

• Fortified (2) - Non-bosses have more health and deal 30% more damage.
  • Teeming (4) - More mobs!
  • Quaking (7) - Silencing tick circles that inflict 20% damage when they go off.
  • Infested (10) - Some non-boss packs will have a Spawn of G'hunn, which heals other mobs and bosses within 8yds, when it dies it will spawn worms that will try to run to other mobs, if they make it, they'll gain another Spawn of G'hunn buff.

Next up: Tyrannical, Raging, Necrotic, Infested.

A quick list of current affixes can be found here.

Gear:

• [2] Drops = 345, Chest = 355, Azerite = 340
  • [3] Drops = 345, Chest = 355, Azerite = 340
  • [4] Drops = 350, Chest = 360, Azerite = 355
  • [5] Drops = 355, Chest = 360, Azerite = 355
  • [6] Drops = 355, Chest = 365, Azerite = 355
  • [7] Drops = 360, Chest = 370, Azerite = 370
  • [8] Drops = 365, Chest = 370, Azerite = 370
  • [9] Drops = 365, Chest = 375, Azerite = 370
  • [10+] Drops = 370, Chest = 380, Azerite = 385

Mythic

A few bits of useful information for getting started:

• The general consensus is to aim for an ilvl of 315-320+ for regular Mythics.
  • Regular Mythic dungeons drop 340+ gear. Running Heroics (325+ drops) is a good way to get the gear to start doing Mythics.
  • There are 10 dungeons in total, two of the dungeons require unlocking before they can be done, you can check your attunement stages on WH here.

The Zandalar dungeons:

• Temple of Sethraliss (Vol'dun)
  • The Underrot (Nazmir)
  • Atal'Dazor (Zulzadar)
  • THE MOTHERLOAD!! (Zulzadar)
  • King's Rest (Zulzadar) - requires the [Zandalar Forever!] achievement to unlock.

The Kul Tiras dungeons:

• Shrine of the Storm (Stormsong Valley)
  • Waycrest Manor (Drustvar)
  • Freehold (Tirigarde Sound)
  • Tol Dagor (of the coast of Tirigarde Sound)
  • Siege of Boralus (Tirigarde Sound) - requires 7500/12000 rep with The Honorbound faction to start the [At the Bottom of the Sea] step of the Horde War Campaign to unlock. 

Happy dungeoning!

I'd recommend having a decent bit of gear from heroics or equiv before trying. Say ilevel 320 ish.

Edited by Sharp

So I'm 322 now and happy to be healing stuff if required. Might be nice to try and get two groups going next week

Sounds good, we have two keen tanks, two keen healers, and a bunch of DPS, so getting two groups going should definitely be plausible.

3 hours ago, Welsper said:

Are you saying i might actually get to TANK something? inconceivable! 

You could tank stuff if you forced sharp to learn to DPS 😛

I'll be back on Tuesday, give me a couple of days I'll get to mythic point and will be happy to tank or dps. 

How are we looking for raids? I assume I'll be dps or back up tank there? 

Sharp and Welsper are the only two dedicated tanks as far as I know. Dave is bear/resto I believe, not sure which he has gear for right now. Tim is playing his Hunter. So yes you may be backup tank. For healers we only have me/Dave right now so the problem is more likely to be there once we get to raids. But one step at a time.

Funny you say that, considering i havent tanked a single instance so far. Really gotta get my brewmaster up soon, because monks dont have a dps offspec afterall. that way i could force sharp to ret it up!

When the game gives you a 440 2H and me a 440 shield I think its a sign for that day. :P

Annoyingly I'm 339 equipped avg, just short of 440. Does mean I can afford to change loot spec to ret in a heroic though and get something decent.

Is there anyone who is still missing dungeons for this reset? I am missing 5 and want to get as many done before the reset as possible tonight. I'm not on Talnivarr so will ping Discord since the community thing in-game has no notifications.

Specs really can be changed by boss-to-boss basis, as all gear aside from wpns/shields is shared by all specs now anyways, and hardly a boss dropps both a 1h and a 2h (3rd boss underrot does). even trinkets seem to be shared, regardless of their defensive or offensive capabilities, oddly enough.

I accidentally had my loot spec set to Holy right up until we got to Mythics and I noticed the message when entering one of the dungeons. Turns out Disc doesn't get DPS trinkets any more though so it's irrelevant.

I think we're mostly done for the week Dave. Not sure if Tim did them all. I assume Welsper did. Maybe Irish Dave or Lei? Not sure who has the gear.