Sign in to follow this  
Sharp

Fate/Grand Order

Its really just a weeb waifu game, the gameplay hardly exists and the only fun part is enjoying the characters. doubt anyone who isnt into the fate/ franchise would get anything out of this money making scam. 

butif you really want to, reroll for hercules or waver. mind you, we are about to get a ticket for a free "starter" of your choice in a bit (august?) so then you can actually pick a decent 4star without suffering the chore of "rerolling".

4star tierlists are widely available if you are struggling with your choice. personally, i find that there is very little powercreep even over 4 years running and virtually every character can clear everything, as the game isnt very hard. just stick with someone you actually like instead. 

No powercreep, free ticket, weeb waifu game! All amazing. I know of Fate and enjoy it. I prefer games where I have some reference to it. Its why i play several Final fantasy gatchas. 

The free ticket. Is there any requirement on getting that e.g. login days, an account made before X, or can I use it as well as re-rolling to get two decent units? 

Also what the rates like? I have heard of lots of people saving up mountains of stuff for X unit and not even getting close. 

Edited by Gragneth

4* servants aren't too bad to get.

5* is a pain.

Early stories are a bit meh, as they game had to find its feet. Gets much better later on.

Yea, the early story (and early minion sprites + skills) are a bit weak, as they never figured the game would last more than a year, hah. But it gets going at about camelot where they really step up the writing. 

The ticket is completely free even if you start that very day, so its quite nice, happens about once or twice per year (therell be another at new years if we follow JPs schedule). The rates however, as sharp put it, are merciless. getting a 5star might aswell take a full years worth of saved "freemium" currency. Hence my comments regarding the scammy nature of the game. 

The only "good" part here is that 5stars arent even the "end-all" of powerlevels. Several of the 1-3 stars you get for free every day are incredibly good and "meta" staples deep into endgame/farming. Hell, several 5stars are complete ass for gameplay, outclassed by 1 stars 50 lvls below the lvl cap. just aim for the units you actually like, really.

Regardless, i play it on the clock, because im a total sucker. 

Edited by Welsper

A year later the next summer festival came, reinstalled it from apknite and no new servants? I was looking forward to having a chance at what the Asian market has had for years and its just a lame rerelease of the same event. If we get a new summer event soon after I will reconsider the rating but there is no point in playing this anymore. Can we get some of the content the asian market has had for years please at least.

damn shame. i do LOVE tomoes design and the sprite is godlike, but after the summer disaster of 516sq for NOTHING im on full savings mode till abi/eresh, with nothing to spare. fortunately, the actual character is also not really intresting, so i can delude myself into not feeling too bad about it. couldnt care less about musashi to begin with.

Threw some tickets at Musashi/Tomoe/Chiyome, got none of them.

My quartz is all for Abi, and anything left over for Hokusai.

katou danzo is also damn great, bloody hell. doll/robot joints! but, saving, yes. im more concerned by shutens rate up given how hard i already tried to get her on every single other rate-up so far.. mind of steel indeed.

either way, shimousa was quite fun in my opionion, a few typos/mistranslations aside! and i only had to "cheat" a single time with a non-knight team, vs the shuten+raiko matchup. complete bullshit fight, lets give an ai the aoe cc with a base cd of 7, except make it have a cd of 0 instead! surely thats fair! nevermind getting 1shot by amped berserker crits! arrrggg.

shame salems bond-boost is utter nonsense, only applying to casters. no variation allowed, good luck finishing all fights with 6 casters. at least theres no "forced-useless-npc-frontline" fights.