Sign in to follow this  
Sharp

Fate/Grand Order

I was chatting to someone playing this in the kh3 midnight queue. It didn't look terrible... 

What sort of time investiture am I talking both per session and overall 

Its horrible, dont play it if you dont know the fate series.

sessions vary from opimized sub 3min farm teams with 3 runs a day during dead weaks to 100 boxes lottery events with 8h nonstop 3min farm runs. 

The english version of the game is 2 and a half year behind the jp server with no intention of catching up, with the jp server soon ending -> set end date for the game making any investment pointless. 

the gacha rates are also horrid, with virtually no freebies (less than a third of jp what jp had at the same time, with no stream rewards or events to give out free stuff) and 0.7% rate per "pull" on a rate up, which each pull being ~4bucks in real money, if you foolishly chose to spend any. 

I've watched stay night, stay night unlimited blade works and zero. 

Thanks wouldn't look to spend, just f2p

Watching the stuff is obviously worthless because the animes are shit, id suggest to not bother unless you read all the vn routes (on which the anime are based), apoc + hollow ataraxia and maybe all but the last part of knk. 

the game is very easy (challenge quests aside) even with f2p, but  getting your favourite in a waifu simulator is just quite unlikely unless you spent.

further, the "early" writing is pretty lame, i.e. the first 4-5 major story lines are unimpressive. quality goes up a lot at camelot, but you already missed out on several major server-wide limited-time story events and exlusive content, so really, dont bother.

As F2P games go, FGO is fine. You can complete the entire story with free characters and tend to get a reasonable amount of free currency to get premium units.

The story is very good for a game of its type, while a slow starter the finale of part one was pretty epic and the characters are endearing. The story isn't very difficult but has its occasonal moments while the events typically have challenge quests to test your parties against.

As Welsper says, the international server is 2 years behind the JP server, meaning we can get a good idea whats coming up and plan to save in-game currency accordingly. Contrary to what Welsper says the JP game isn't ending any time soon with part three announced and its still usually the highest grossing game on mobile over there.

All in all you can do a lot worse than this as a mobile game, give it a go and see. If you do start let me know and Maz and I will friend you. The game has no PVP aspect but you can borrow one character from a friend to help out in difficult situations.

Dont get me wrong, i love the game and play it way too much (while basically staying f2p, the 2 guaranteed gachas aside i so far spent nil..), but if you have to ask about it.. its probably not for you.

and i WILL have shuten someday!

Mind you, theres currently a quite fun challenge quest boss rush, good times. tried to have redman manage all of it, but jesus, rulers are stupidly tanky (vs an aoe spammer). 30 turns to sloooowly wittling down jeanna #1 alone. had to switch in my overpowered banana for the red priest afterall... who then finished off the entire thing by 1shotting hopeman without even an event bonus. dual merlin is bollocks.

Edited by Welsper

27 minutes ago, Welsper said:

had to switch in my overpowered banana for the red priest afterall... who then finished off the entire thing by 1shotting hopeman without even an event bonus. dual merlin is bollocks.

I don't even...

2 hours ago, Welsper said:

but jesus, rulers are stupidly tanky (vs an aoe spammer). 30 turns to sloooowly wittling down jeanna #1 alone. had to switch in my overpowered banana for the red priest afterall... who then finished off the entire thing by 1shotting hopeman without even an event bonus. dual merlin is bollocks.

Doesn't Jeanne help with that?

I did the first five-and-a-half waves with Waver/Merlin/Jeanne, then Jeannes clothes turned black for the last wave-and-a-half.

Gonna do some fun-runs with other teams now I've secured the three tickets.

J.Alter is obviously the best choice for this quest by a mile, but i wanted to run emiya cause i kind of like the dude.... yet he still failed to kill amakusa in 3 turns, so i had to murder the rest with ibaraki. vanilla jeanne is utterly useless vs amakusa (and everything else tbh) mind you, his np dispells BEFORE it hits, so you die no matter what.

but 550k+ rocket punch vs any target is just bollocks, nevermind the bustercrits. couldve just curbstomped from wave1 with my favourite oni right away, but wheres the fun in that!

I wanted to see how far vanilla Jeanne could go, because I liked the idea of her showing Dantes she can save him. Amakusa ruined that plan, though I still think I may have been able to carry Jeanne through the Dantes fight if my character swap mystic code had cooled down.

i for one, despise jeanne, the most insufferable "holier than thou"-yet-still-cheating-like-a-bitch-in-my-only-canon-appearance "saint" and jeanna-derivatives of any kind, so they shall never see any use on my teams.

eh? what? i never used jeanna in any team..  saint jeanne cant kill anything and any berserker does a better job at killing stuff than alter, with the exception of horta vs vanilla. e

edit: i stand corrected, i used sharps horta to kill americas cu alter finale, because i didnt have ibaraki yet. the shame weighs heavy upon my back.. but no more than getting carried by sharp on the regular in m+. and technically it was horta, who, while still the same person, is at the very least not as "saintly" as the real deal.

Edited by Welsper

Darn, no luck with MHXA but np2 jack, so im quite happy regardless.

edit: also a medb spook which shouldve really been mxha which now actually makes me sad afterall. damn.

Edited by Welsper

oh god yes she is the most adorable murderous psychopath! and, to be fair, jack was my #1 goal anyways, which is why i waited to roll for her rate up day!

mhxa wouldve been nice, but its alright. medb turning up out of nowhere caught me a bit off guard, being both story locked and not on rate up, instead of getting.. well.. the actual rate up servant.. 

edit: dear lord, jack murders female riders and zerkers so hard.. what a smooth, all female challenge quest..

Edited by Welsper

Impressive that she didnt hit bond10 earlier, if anything. Ibaraki capped last october, unfortunately. bond grails when? 

Still, running a full evil team with mhxa - jack - medb - carmilla (+angra) is good fun. I just wish they didnt trip you over with the story supports so hard. I mean, sure, lvl 90 np5 10/10/10 s.alter is damn good, but.. the node is a full team of highlvl archers? no fair!

The bond is so good I've not been taking story supports and taking supports with Chaldea lunchtime instead. That extra 10% is really good.

52 minutes ago, Welsper said:

Impressive that she didnt hit bond10 earlier, if anything. Ibaraki capped last october, 

5*'s are more work alas. She's past halfway though. And yes lunchtime is win.

Angra actually has the 5star curve, its a pain. 

Mind you, i think the story supports are indeed intended as a challenge. using a lunchtime waver/merlin just breaks the entire game as usual! alas, no foreigner/alter ego/mooncancer ingame yet for an easymode avenger dog clear. theres virtually no female enemy in all of shinjuku either, poor jack.