Sign in to follow this  
Fyria

Secret Santa 2017 - Drawn!

Bottle or Tree - Secret Santa 2017

2017-10-28_14.52.23.jpg

Murano Glass Christmas Tree!

This tree, featured in Venice, Italy a few years back, was made from 1000 tubes of Murano artisan blown glass, it reaches 28ft in height, and boasts a 10ft diameter, pretty cool.

ELFSTER LINKS
Secret Santa 2017: https://www.elfster.com/exchange/view/26698290/ (This is the one you need to sign up for if you want to participate this year)
BoT Group: https://www.elfster.com/group/about/9324248/ (Because we may end up using it for multiple years, you can sign up even if you don't want to participate this year)

Participants: Gaz, Nik, Sam, Sarah, Sharp, Todd, Tom®
Current deadline: 25th December.

LAST RECOMMENDED POSTING DATES (2017)
20/12 - 2nd Class and Royal Mail Signed For™
21/12 - 1st Class and Royal Mail Signed For™
21/12 - Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed™
22/12 - Royal Mail Special Delivery Saturday Guaranteed™
(http://www.royalmail.com/greetings)

PREVIOUS YEARS (Gift Ideas)

2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011

Assuming Todd and I are both in, that's four so far. Any one else? I'll give it a few days to see.

I can't remember if @Largi was in on this, if so, that's a minimum of 6, which means I'll poke the people that don't check the forum as much (Sam, Maz/Tom, etc) and start up a group.

Keep forgetting to update/do this, I've sent out the Elfster invites for everyone who is in the Bottle or Tree group there, if you're not, links are in the OP.

Will draw at the end of the month, unless everyone in the group has either confirmed or rejected participation and I can do it sooner.

Edited by Fyria

Just gonna quote the same thing until it stops being true:

Edit: Actually, I will edit the list. There's nothing 40k I'm after currently since I'm resolving to get shit painted before buying anything new. 

Largely same as previous years.

Spicy Food / anything Mexican

Chocolate

Pretty much anything Sci-fi

Obscure Progressive Rock/Metal

Amazon Wishlist.

Hey guys, looks like it's that time of year again!

Unfortunately I'm a bit strapped this year, so unless anyone particularly wants pictures drawn or minis painted, I'm probably out I'm afraid.

Thanks for the heads up though, I mightn't visit the forum much but I do think of you often.

(And may possibly visit Azeroth over Christmas / New Year.)

Best wishes, and thanks again,

- Sam

Lets see

I like Things :D

Things I do - 

Board Game
Roleplay games (DnD 5th atm)
Video Game (Blizzard Games, LoL, SNES Mini)

Things I like - 

Star Wars
Almost all SciFi
Music
Chocolate
Food

I don't really do mini's stuff anymore.

Edited by Largi

10 hours ago, Nynia said:

Hey guys, looks like it's that time of year again!

Unfortunately I'm a bit strapped this year, so unless anyone particularly wants pictures drawn or minis painted, I'm probably out I'm afraid.

Thanks for the heads up though, I mightn't visit the forum much but I do think of you often.

(And may possibly visit Azeroth over Christmas / New Year.)

Best wishes, and thanks again,

- Sam

Cool, thanks for letting us know. That said, DIY presents are also totally cool if you have time to do anything and want to, also there isn't really a formal limit or suggested spend, Elfster just wants me to include something, so you don't need to worry too much about how you'd value anything creative as an alternative, sometimes the creative things have been some of the coolest things exchanged in this in the past because they're super unique.

Have a think, I'm not going to draw it until Friday so you have until then to decide one way or the other, have a think and if you still don't think you can, that's okay, thanks for thinking about it! :)

In our work Secret Santa once someone gave me a shitty Chinese-made garden LED spotlight with a sticker on it that very clearly indicated it was a present that they received and were simply regifting with no thought or effort. I live on the 9th floor.

I still have no clue who it was to this day!

So literally anything handmade would be about a hundred times more awesome than that :) .

1 hour ago, Fyria said:

sometimes the creative things have been some of the coolest things exchanged in this in the past because they're super unique.

Thanks Santa 2014!

qecgBfr.png

:thumbsup: In which case, let's do this. 

(If people have preferences on the subject of any such thing, please add them to your post, just in case!)

Awesome!

Additionally I also have some of my custom BoT things, including my awesome customised hanging Christmas Portal turret from my 2012 Santa which lives on the shelf in the living room outside of Christmas times.

It sits with Todd's one when he coincidentally got a similar one from the same set more recently for a Secret Santa, probably from a different Santa, lol! I should maybe add a tiny bit of tinsel to it when Christmas things go up to let his one join in the party.

Suffice to say, custom stuff is cool and I'll include a brief list of things I like when I throw together a list at some point.

MVIMG_20171129_102323.jpg

Drawn. :)

Edit: Busy this weekend, but we'll post ideas/likes later on today or tomorrow.

I've tried using the Elfster wishlist thing but it just seems very specific, and I'd rather give Santa ideas than demands. So!

Useful things:
Art supplies / stationery - Always appreciated- sketchbooks, notebooks, funky pens, new brushes (especially small ones) - great stuff.
Clothing - Tshirts (M), hoodies (M), socks (4-7) - bonus points if they feature favourite things (see below). 
Snacks and treats - Chocolates or savoury things, nuts, biscuits, cookies - all good. No allergies to worry about.
Gaming related things - Dice, deck boxes, card sleeves. Or a cool mug for tea fuelled game sessions. (Or to show off in the office.)

Favourite things:
Colours - Black, red, purple, silver. But generally avoid pink / pastels and you're safe.
D&D / Roleplaying - currently playing a Ranger (shock!) and a Sorcerer. Also a Blood Angel space marine. (Speaking of...)
Warhammer - Blood Angels themed stuff is best, but don't worry about minis, I've got plenty that still need painting, thanks!
Pokémon - After selling off most of my old cards, some friends have started playing - Sun & Moon expansion. I like the dogs, ghosts, and dragons. Or Eevee-lutions.
Warcraft - For the Horde! (Worgen are also cool though.)
Fox and / or Dragon themed things are still an easy target.

I also have an Amazon Wishlist that has a couple of albums or games on, the link for that should be around here somewhere.

Hope that helps! 

Hi Santa,

I have been a good boy this year, so here are some suggestions for gifts(/my kids):

• My son is 2 and a 1/2 years old, favorite program is currently paw patrol. Please no weapon based toys
  • My daughter is 12 days old, she has got clothes sorted for the first 6 months, but anything 6 months + would be cool. We don't dress her in anything too princessey/pink
  • I like all savory foods, spicy foods, alcohol, i dont have a massively sweet tooth though
  • After redecorating the house I am unlikely tofind anywhere display anything like models
  • My kids are too young for me to have lego out
  • If you are making me things suggestions would include a nice picture (with or without frame) for a child's bedroom. I also need a mouse-mat 

Sorry for the delay Santa!

A quick list of things I like:

- LEGO, Boardgames, Jigsaws
- Piano/Violin/Guitar Sheet Music
- Video-game related things (Warcraft, Final Fantasy, Zelda, Portal...)
- Foody things (spicy, sour, mint, dark chocolate, lemon/lime, raspberry...)
- Cats, Lions, Orca, Turtles
- Blue, Green, Purple, Silver
- T-shirt size (L), Sock size (4-7)
- Creative things are cool too, pictures, crafts, plushies...
- Android things

Wish list things: Books, Games, Home, Music

If Todd doesn't get a list done, you can probably assume that this list is mostly still true.

He did, see below instead:

Sorry yeah, mostly the same but I'll update it.

Good:

• Android
  • Cycling
  • Edibles
  • Football (QPR/general)
  • Guitar (classical/electric)
  • Games (PC/Xbox/card/board, especially small/portable stuff)
  • Red pandas
  • T-shirts (M or L are both fine)
  • Colour themes: Orange/red, green

Bad:

• Outdoor stuff (no garden)
  • Toys/gadgets (the kind of stuff you find on Firebox)