Sign in to follow this  
Myrrh

Legion General Chat - World of Wardrobes

Agreed, finally I will have bagspace again. However, im still not entire sure how itll work exactly. Just like d3? Is it retro-active or do i have to see and actually find some old stuff again? Is it account wide/cross-character? Ive seen ppl claim that you can transmog all plate sets for all plate classes. i.e. warrs can transmog into pala/dk sets. is that true? Will i actually gain access to the ultimate DK belt? i.e. the invisible belt option? questions, questions... all to be answered in a mere 7 days! rejoice!

Its retroactive. It will unlock the appearance (account wide) of any equipment in your inventory that you can equip (but it only checks your main armor type so warriors only unlock plate etc...) and all of the appearances from all quest rewards that you have completed the quest for.

You don't need to still have the equipment for quest rewards (although I wouldn't delete anything right now, just in case)

For sets you only unlock it if the other class could equip it. So I don't think DK's can mog warrior T10 but if you have a T10 reskin it will unlock that reskin for all plate classes

Its not account-wide at all : / Nor is it retro-active.. urgh. guess ill have to farm all the different colours of the same tier again and craft all the stages of the warlord plate aswell. bloody hell.

and no archerus plate belt for my warrior, ever T_T

Other than that, Yay bankspace! also, i apparently own a 1h sword called "Alimony". Huh...

Edited by Welsper

I have two buttons that are not on CD for longer than 6 secs as Beast Master.

Having been playing so much FFXIV, it's a stark contrast to how many buttons I use. 

I assume most people are now activating their accounts for pre-patch and the expansion. I haven't been keeping track of this expansion at all so I wonder what people think are the highlights and reasons to return. As such, can people give me their top 5 new features/changes etc that are making them excited for this expansion? If people can vaguely explain them so I know what they are, that'd be great :D

No more dual spec you can now freely change between all of your specs, bars etc are stored per spec - no more am I prot/holy, prot/ret, holy/ret I can be all three :)

Artifact weapons, endgame progress, something to work towards each day, doesn't get invalidated as patches release

Mythic+ dungeons, variable difficulty, good reward 5 man content, your keystone (weekly access token) modifies the dungeon in a different way each week, more modifications as you scale the dungeon to harder levels

Transmog Wardrobe, I actually deleted every item in my void storage last night, not even sure what I'd use that for anymore, bank is almost empty too

Pretty much the same as Tim.

Each hunter spec really has its own identity now. Unfortunately Survival is pretty much the same as when I started to hate playing Enh Shaman, which is rather disappointing.

I didn't initially realise we were getting all the new talents and stuff in this patch, thought it was just some pre-expansion event. I haven't looked at new new specs properly other than some preview videos from the beta a while back, so I need to figure it all outa gain. Going to be strange adapting to a new healing model again as Disc is totally different now. I think I'll mostly be playing Holy anyway, it looks fun.

It's pretty customisable with the talents too. Had a quick play around last night. It's not changed too much from WoD, but streamlined and gotten rid of the silly chairs.

The problem with Holy in WoD wasn't that the spec was bad to play but just that it didn't do very much actual healing in a raid environment. You could spam Renew everywhere and that was quite effective at the start but then healing got more spiky as the expansion went on and you'd just get sniped by shields and fast heals from every other healer.

I actually liked the old Chakra model where you used a certain spell to change into one of them, rather than having to have another three keybinds to just to occasionally toggle it, but I do also understand why that was a bit clumsy and disliked.

Its not account-wide at all : / Nor is it retro-active.. urgh. guess ill have to farm all the different colours of the same tier again and craft all the stages of the warlord plate aswell. bloody hell.

and no archerus plate belt for my warrior, ever T_T

Other than that, Yay bankspace! also, i apparently own a 1h sword called "Alimony". Huh...

It is retroactive and account wide, but class and armour type restrictions apply.

This means you will need to farm the non-class restricted non-tier recolours for them to be available on your other characters.

Tim's summary is good. I think the mythic+ dungeons will be fun for us, especially as numbers for raids start dropping over time.

Unlike MoP there is a catch-up mechanism for daily quests (or whatever they're now called) up to 3 days. You should always have things to do when you log in instead of WoD's raid-or-die model.

Raid Finder drops tier and trinkets again.

Better tuned (read: easier than WoD) normal difficulty raids. BRF and HFC were way too difficult on release. Late HFC normal where boss abilities were reduced instead of just having numbers reduced is what I'm expecting on the get-go for Legion raids.

Well, the problem is, Archerus Plate Belt is the starting belt of DKs, you cannot get it on other classes. It has no restrictions listed on the item, i.e. its not a set item or anything. I was hoping i could finally use the only invisible plate belt ingame, but alas, it seems to be available only on my DK itself. for shame. also, i cannot transmog into the alliance replica rank14 classic pvp gear either, or use any of my paladins sets on welsper. its horribly sad. 

Edited by Welsper

Is it true to say most of the Legion UI changes will already be in with this patch? So if I come back now and play with my UI it is unlikely to break on launch?

Is it true to say most of the Legion UI changes will already be in with this patch? So if I come back now and play with my UI it is unlikely to break on launch?

Most mods are updated already, mine was all working fine yesterday, was getting the odd notification from BugSack but nothing that was actually causing any visible issues.

Edit: To answer that more directly, yes, this is patch 7.0 so all of the significant UI changes are live and some mods will need to be updated to work with them but then should generally work fine through release unless Blizzard tweak things further.

Well, the problem is, Archerus Plate Belt is the starting belt of DKs, you cannot get it on other classes. It has no restrictions listed on the item, i.e. its not a set item or anything. I was hoping i could finally use the only invisible plate belt ingame, but alas, it seems to be available only on my DK itself. for shame. also, i cannot transmog into the alliance replica rank14 classic pvp gear either, or use any of my paladins sets on welsper. its horribly sad. 

Non paladins wearing holy and righteous paladin armour is simply blasphemy, like those filthy warriors using the purple T2 recolour. Out with you, heathen!

Is there a good synopsis of the new features somewhere? I thought Blizz or MMO would have one but I can't seem to find it.

I read most of that, it sounded like they're removing a lot more of the bits I liked and not really giving anything back. I already expected that I wasn't going to come back, and this has not done anything to change that.

My guess is that by removing more min/maxing there is less for Dan to misunderstand which takes away the mystery of the game.