Sign in to follow this  
Kryton

Clear out

I'm clearing out some old boxes and drawers etc. I expect most of it will end up at the dump but there is the odd thing people may want so I'll post things in here as I find them. Unfortunately I think most of the PC games are either now tied to my Steam account or so old it'd be cheaper for me to gift them to you on Steam than post them but I may find a few bits. I'm not expecting money for anything on here as it's otherwise being binned.

Gameboy cartridges

I assume most people emulate this stuff now but in case anyone still has a working device and wants a nostalgia trip.

Pokemon Blue

Pokemon Silver

Pokemon TCG

Worms Armageddon

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

Gameboy advance cartridges

WWF Road to Wrestlemania

Pokemon Emerald

Advance Wars

Advance Wars 2

PC Games

Command & Conquer: The First Decade (C&C through to Generals with all expansions etc)

Dawn of War Anthology (from memory I couldn't link this to Steam might I might be wrong)

Heroes of Might & Magic: Complete Edition (1 through 5)

Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 speakers. These seem to require a dedicated soundcard. They use 3 audio jacks.

I'll update if I find anything else.

Edited by Kryton

WOW TCG Trading cards

2 Heroes of Azeroth (starter sets)

1 Box of booster packs (24 boosters of 15 cards)

1 Onyxia (raid set)

They're all open, unsleeved but essentially unused. Small amounts of damage just from lying around my house.

Does anyone (in the world) still use these? Do they have any value at all?

Edited by Kryton

Last time I mentioned throwing out early series Pokemon cards on Facebook Dan made some joke about how he would gladly take them off my hands as they are worth money. I looked on eBay and found stacks of them going for nothing worthwhile, and he then totally ignored me asking further questions.

So, yeah, take that as you will. I don't think these games are generally worth anything except Magic probably because of the bajillion dorks who love it.

WoW:TCG is a dead game thanks to Blizz pulling the IP to make Hearthstone. So lootcards are the only things of worth

If you were chucking them away I would take the gameboy catridges as i still have a gameboy somewhere. No idea if I would ever get around to playing them though so if you can sell them or whatever then feel free. It was my brothers but think he foolishly donated it to me by accident at some stage many years ago.

Physically? The N10 is near perfect, no scratches on the screen, the back has a few small marks as it's that grippy plastic/rubber stuff but nothing really noticeable. The N7 is my brother's so I'd have to check but he usually looks after stuff.

In terms of performance neither device performs very well these days due to their age but they're usable if all you want to do is basic browsing/media consumption. And the N10 will reboot randomly sometimes, not loads, but it's a thing, every N10 does this.

if it was a N7 2013 I might have cannibalized it for parts; the usb on izzy's has given up the ghost.

edit: also on seeing 'Clear out' with most recent by Todd "oh ok ... I'll leave ..."

Edited by NATO

Sure, well I'll get the N7 from my brother so I have both (basically I'm giving him my now unused N7 2013 so his N7 2012 will be spare, the N10 is already mine). I don't want anything for him, would be happy just to see them get used at all.

if it was a N7 2013 I might have cannibalized it for parts; the usb on izzy's has given up the ghost.

Remember that the N7 has wireless charging so the USB port is entirely superfluous.

I've been considering trying to replace the entire charging board (or even just removing the port and soldering a new one on) but it's good to know there's an alternative option.

The N7 is physically in good condition. It's on Kit Kat because when I let it upgrade previously it started to run terribly and this way it's more reliable.

Having said that, it sometimes runs terribly anyway. For example you might enable wifi for the first time in a week and it'll grind to a halt updating things, and I just walk away and let it do that. I am generally able to browse the net and read he Times and play a few games on it, but it's going to struggle with anything demanding and you need to be prepared for slowdown and things you'd expect from a device a few years old.

Please take it, because Todd told me earlier that no one wants a 2012 N7 and even unemployed students upgrade their tech more often than me, and don't we all love to prove him wrong? :D

Even unemployed students upgrade their tech more often than me, and don't we all love to prove him wrong? :D

I'm probably not a helpful example to the contrary here. <_<;

Edited by Fyria

Have the old N7 for you Ian, you may regret this but that's your problem :P. You can have it at October boardgames.

N10 is Maz's if she wants it.

My parents asked me to claim some stuff from the loft at home this weekend so I have more stuff to get rid of. I need to go through it in detail but there are a few things I can list in general terms.

@Dan Are Pokemon cards (the original TCG ones) worth anything? Ditto for Magic cards around the same era. I can upload a couple of photos if it helps but don't ask me about editions as I have no idea. You're probably also the person to ask about D&D manuals. I think mine are third edition and basically pristine (I never used them).

@Brynneth Any value in old GW codexes/army books? I'm talking properly old (like when move 6 became base in 40k, any the edition before that, WHF same era) so it is unlikely but can list out or photo if needed.

Hmm, the plural of "Codex"...?

Edited by Kryton

Yes, Codices. 

Far as I can tell the 2nd/3rd ed army books aren't really worth anything, it's only the 1st ed Hardbacks that are worth real cash. I could go on eBay right now and pick up most of those books for £5-10 Buy Now. If you had a copy of Realm of Chaos: The Lost and the Damned, on the other hand, the cheaper of the two copies on eBay atm is £168...

Some Pokemon Cards are worth loads, others are worth very little. I can give some pointers as to ones worth money but generally its foil and "1st" in the set symbol area (which is middle right of the card about level with the bar between the text and the picture box). Otherwise its "foil" and new for it to have any value really.

Magic Cards - You may actually be sat on a goldmine. Easiest way of doing this may be to sit down with a few handfuls so I can "date" them, then we can work out what you're actually looking at. Be careful, based on the dateframes you've given for other things, some of those cards could actually be worth 4 digits in pristine condition (without being a Black Lotus, I assume you would know about that one though...). Summer of Magic cards are hard to distinguish from others and are a misprint run within other sets which go for absurd sums. Conversely you could have nothing of value.

Third Ed D&D books have a tendency to sell instantly when any shop gets some in. If they turn out to be worth basically nothing, I'll take them. I don't think they're worth loads, but I believe they're easy to move on as they're out of print.

Thanks for the feedback. It's all currently sat in the boot of my car so if I get time tomorrow I will go through and post up some more information. The cards (both Pokemon and Magic) have spent their entire lives in those 9 per page A4 wallets so they are basically pristine.

At some point I intend to sell off my own WH and WH40k armies but that will take some serious sorting as there is a lot there (probably half a dozen 4,000+ point armies from that period).