Sign in to follow this  
Nacey

Rocket League

I'm in! :D

Edit: Don't expect me to be any good though, but it's a crazy arena that looks like fun.

Edited by Fyria

Yeah I can come on for an hour at about 20:30. I will be more terrible than ever after having (intentionally) not played computer games for over 3 months.

None of us have played RL for like six months and the game mode is brand new so I'm fully expecting a lot of fail.

Yeah, I really like this new game mode as a fun game mode, happy to play anytime I'm around at home and not preoccupied doing raiding/dungeon things or otherwise on WoW. 

I've spent the last week trying to desperately complete my ten placement matches followed by the 36 wins required to get my gold season rewards before it ends on Wednesday. As such, it occurs to me that I should play this a bit more regularly to keep on top of that.

If anyone wants to play some 3v3 ranked give us a shout. You can be totally shit, I don't care about my standard rank, it's just much more fun to practice with friends and you can pick up a few wins towards the season rewards along the way. No tryharding required though an interest in learning basic strategy and techniques will certainly increase the chance of us winning some matches.

If you're absolutely allergic to ranked I'm also up for casual matches to keep up with some practice.

Regular practice really helps, once Todd has finished his Solo Standard blitz for last season stuff and can play some Standard again it would be great to get some regular games in again. I'm hoping to go into the next season with the aim to improve and play more matches regularly to get back into it, improve and try and work my way through some of the rewards from the next season. :D 

So yeah, if anyone wants to join, for whatever format, they'd be more than welcome. 

If I'm about I'd join but I am suuuuuper rusty by now (and was never that good at my best!). Feel free to poke me on steam (and i'll try to keep an eye out for if you guys are playing also)

Rusty is fine, I'm rusty and was never really particularly great at my best either, I'm jus wanting to make an active effort to get back into it and improve my gameplay again, so you'll probably be more-or-less where I'm at, and welcome to join in for some getting-back-into-it practice. We can play a few casual games for a bit to pick up stuff again if you want to just try and get to grips with gameplay.

Sorry, being computer game free is working well for me.

My evenings when I dont have rugby:

• 17:45-18:30 arrive home with William from child minder, look after both kids to give wife a break
  • 18:30-20:00 bath time/bed time
  • 20:00 - 21:30 cook/eat dinner + help tidy the house
  • 21:30 - 22:30 relax before bed

When I have rugby training (tues & thursday)

• 17:45-18:30 arrive home with William from child minder, look after both kids to give wife a break
  • 18:30-19:15 help with bath time
  • 19:15-21:15 if kids arent going crazy go to rugby training
  • 21:15-22:00 cook/eat dinner
  • 22:00 - 22:30 relax before bed

Either way I either have a half hour or an hour to spend relaxing with my wife so I have had to give up gaming other than the occasional 10 minute hearthstone game.

I could give up rugby to play computer games but it would hardly be the healthiest life decision.

Hopefully this gives people an insight into why people with kids who want to maintain their marriages appear to be anti-social. ("Fancy going to the pub tonight?" - "Maybe, I have an hour spare between 21:30 and 22:30, but i will probably be too tired")

2 hours ago, dangphat said:

I could give up rugby to play computer games but it would hardly be the healthiest life decision.

I did this when I was 12 and regret nothing.

I'm going to post the second one from the same series because this one is really the crux of how to play the game well. This video is confusing until about halfway through where he shows a real example in-game. The key point is that you always have three players:

1. Challenging - Make an attempt on the ball to centre it, shoot or otherwise generally play it towards the goal in some manner, then immediately fall back.
  2. Supporting - Be available to shoot when the ball is centred or challenge if 1 misses or is blocked, i.e. position to become the next 1.
  3. Defending - Clear any breakaways, defend the goal, and position to become the next 2.

Each player rotates through these positions in the order 3 -> 2 -> 1 -> 3 etc.

Player 3 can see the whole pitch and so makes the calls on voice.

This is the most important thing you can learn. You can be totally shit at actually hitting the ball, if you get good at this you will rank way above your technical level.

(Note that puggies are idiots and will cut the rotation a lot so don't expect this to work quite so nicely in solo queue, but sometimes you'll find people following it.)