Sign in to follow this  
Nacey

The Brexit Countdown Echochamber of Exasperation

19 hours ago, NATO said:

given that the commons leans remain and how weak both leaders look I wouldn't be shocked for A50 to be revoked ... that may be just my wishful thinking.

I'd be surprised. Labour won't call for it as they don't want to risk upsetting leave voters. They might if the Tories did it first (or abstain on any vote around it) but I doubt they'll lead on it. Labour's stated stance if an election was called is that they would campaign on leaving the EU.

As for the Tories revoking it, I doubt it.

It's madness.

If I ever hear a conservative mention that they're the party of economic stability again I'll probably have to do a massive spit-take on them.

Anyway, glad I'm a dual citizen, if this all goes to shit I'm probably away - like a lot of people the NHS rely on.

Fuck it if there was a general election today I would vote Labour just for a second referendum even if Corbyn is a tofu-eating final-solution-apologizing goat-like cunt.

Unfortunately Labour's second referendum policy is far from clear. All they've actually said is that if May gets her deal through parliament then they will ask for a referendum to ratify it. But it'll be too late by then so that is meaningless. Corbyn is being deliberately vague while Starmer goes around talking as if this is outright support for the PV campaign which it definitely isn't.

Yeah, Thornberry's comment as well was that they would back remain vs a "Tory Brexit", implying that if it was a "Labour Brexit" then they wouldn't.

And there cannot be a Labour Brexit anyway, in the first and most obvious case because they are not in power and will not get into power, but in the second case in that, even somehow assuming that did happen, Labour's Brexit policy is full of unobtainable bullshit like having a say in EU trade agreements while not being a member of the EU.

So right now I consider the referendum pledge to be significant but only in that it is a symbolic move from Corbyn towards something that he has resisted. But in practice it remains meaningless.

Labour can't even have an actual policy and agree on what it means but they think they should be trusted to handle Brexit better then the complete mess the Tories have made of it.

IMG_20190307_233058.jpg

I'm really looking forward to the spectacular gymnastics required to avoid a humiliating defeat in the commons this week.

What do we think? Will she pull it? Will she make them vote on some 'notional' agreement yet to be pulled from the unicorns arse? Will JC continue to be a useless turd?

Ok. So I just saw Alyn Smith’s speech in front of the EP.

In my 15 years of adulthood I’ve never been moved by a politician’s speech.. until now.

”I am asking you to leave a light on, so that we can find our way back home.”

Just going to leave this here for everyone to enjoy:

I’ve always argued that the only way you can get frictionless trade is to actually be in the Single Market.

- Liam Fox MP