Sign in to follow this  
JDWhitee

Patch 3.8 Big changes ahoy

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/patch-38-notes-0

First of all, all junglers must buy AS reds now. The extra damage is too good to pass up on for pretty much anything.

2nd: My kah T_T. I still think he is good but not in mid anymore. Top lane maxing Q and going Q-E-R evo i think is the best way to do things and would have to test Q-W-E or Q-E-W leveling

Ashe got a better passive. Now its worth a damn at least. 

Nashors Tooth and Wits end have both got really interesting. I like the changes to both. Stealing MR will be devastating in team fights but im not sure if it will bring it back to the forefront for those champions that once bought it. 

Changes to Dorins. Both are meh. Honestly both are a no respect item to start with. If you start dorans you are not respecting your opponents potential to kill you. (yeah yeah ian on cho maybe its fine. now you can buy a ward too)

Jungle now spawns at 1:55. Good change. Means blue side has no advantage anymore. We might see some 2v2 lanes in the pros again which will be nice. As much as i like the early advantage it just hurts you if you are behind. Also you can go blue to red and be lvl 3 at the end of red so no real change for jungler. All in all good change i think.

• The search terms "Spooky Ghosts", "Bork", "Botrk", "AA", "NLR", "SOTO", "SOTD", "dshield", "dblade", and "dring" have been added to the in-game item shop.

best. Change. EVER.

the nashors change seems quite silly, 450 gold more, but a free malady ontop of its other stats? lord.

the wriggles changes on the other hand... its now utterly useless for laners, and even more expensive for junglers when it already was expensive for its lack of stats? huh... the "nerfs" on the other jungler items really seem quite insignificant, especically wraith.. its still incredibly good for cdr/spellvamp/ap in terms of cost efficency. and with a 5% buff vs monsters, lovely vs drags and baron.

The most frustrating thing is that the nerf to Spectral Wraith SHOULD be a a nerf to Blue Ez...
Its not..

Infact its a fuckign buff to Blue Ez..

Because now instead of rushing Spectral Wraith, you just do a standard AD lane thing of rush BloodThirster, giving you lane sustain and a huge chunk of AD, then carry on as normal.
It slows Blue ez by about 1min 30... but means he comes out stronger earlier and his dominance phase lasts longer, he's also slightly stronger in the late game..

Ugh... Blue Ez is here to stay

I just play Varus..
Varus fucks everybody in lane..
Except Graves..
Fucking Graves..
This is why I play Graves..
Fuck you for taking my Varus...
Ironically Graves also counters Ez..
Fuck you Ez...

well, his ganks are still crap. but if you just stay in the jungle and farm for 30mins, youll be just like any full build lane trynd: one scary mofo.

need to remember to by attack speed marks when i get home.

Other than my chogath start I agree with Jd that generally dorans are not considered a sensible start item for tops/mids. The change to dorans ring does increase start item options though in my opinion. I pretty much feel I have to start 2 x faerie charm on any mids atm. I have started dorans shield on Rumble a couple of times vs jax/jayce though but am unconvinced if this was the right choice. I won my lane easily enough but it wasnt really a fair fight to judge its strength (lagging jax, noob jayce).

I'll likely try a couple of dorans starts on some champs to see how they go in the new patch though.

The jungle changes are good though I agree with welsper that the changes to wriggles dont make sense. The issue is surely that it was too expensive, but they have increased the price. Most junglers would rather have madreds and a giants belt than a wriggles, unless you are just farming all day long I guess. Now the price difference is even higher so even harder to justify. I think you can buy most of a locket of the iron solari for the price of the upgrade? crazy.

The Loading Screen no longer appears off-center in your monitor after Champ Select, when in Borderless or Windowed mode.

Actually the best change ever.

Also by this point it's not "Blue" Ezreal anymore, that is just the way you build Ezreal.

Its still the blue build, just now with a splash of red (actually its had a splash of red in it for a while hence the purple!)

Mid Screen hasn't bothered me for a while since I realised hiding and bringing back my start bar fixes it instantly.

The Loading Screen no longer appears off-center in your monitor after Champ Select, when in Borderless or Windowed mode.

Actually the best change ever.
If only the game would do mouse capture properly so that I could actually play it in borderless mode. Turns out I don't actually want my mouse to fly off to my other monitor.

Mine never does that unless i've been alt-tabbing..Ah well...

So did the patch go live yesterday?

I'm guessing Atarox will drop tomorrow.

, people seem to be bigging him up as a more verssatile Warwick...

So I got into... wel a rather heated discussion on how 3.8 is going to affect the meta-game.

The main reason for AD/Supp bottom lane/Top lane has more recently become about the early advantage you can generate from golems due to most jungles starting at blue.

With the latest set of jungle changes, this is no longer the case, so can we expect to see the meta shift?

My opinion is yes...

I honestly believe that Top and Mid lane no longer exist... That your lanes will turn into "Duo, Jungle and two solo'ers"
The line between top and mids has been blurring since the end of season 2, as more top champions are being placed in mid, more bruisers fidning themselves everywhere and then nowhere..

What do I expect to see?

ADCarrys back in mid..

You Carrys are your weakest and most vulnerable characters in the early game.. thats why they have a support right?

The mid lane is shorter, the midlane is "Safer" and the midlane provides you with the ability to roam back into jungle when its invaded, allows you to move to dragon to protect, and to baron.

The other lanes will become solo-lanes, ganking mid or ganking each other, with the ability to be mobile and swap.

Obviously there will be exceptions to this, but its what I can see happening...

What do you guys think?

doubt therell be too many changes, espccially in non-tournaments. you try and go 2mid in solo q, HAH. in the lcs it seems standard for the fast mid turret push already without the jungle changes in yet.

i think mid is also a better lane for ap due to the proximity to blue, and the fact a solo ap is a lot less safe than the duo in a long lane. itll make blue side less auto win due to the earlier lvl 2 with double golems, tho. more balanced? imagine that!

He is cool, especially his dance...

At the moment he's very much a top laner, though I want to test him in the jungle.