Sign in to follow this  
Kryton

Post-Match Chat & Scoreboard Showboating

(Just post all your screenshots here and talk about them in the same place, it makes more sense - Todd)

I feel we need a thread to capture some of the elements of the mega thread.  This one is for discussing the games we've played together, from raving about great performances and moves to apologising to sucking.

I'll start things off with apologising.  Sorry for my Ryze game last night.  I've not played him for a long time against people (or mid in general tbh) and I just completely lost that matchup.  Orianna had superior poke and could easily all in me from a very low level.  I understand what people said about building some defense but I was getting so little farm and blowing so much on pots that I felt a small amount of defense was going to be wasted.

Luckily I then made up for it by returning to junglewick for the next game and being Ian's mobile suppress machine for the game :D

Here's a thread for your LoL screenshots.  In my quest to learn adc I obviously have some awful games.  However, I also have some glorious ones where I strike the fear of god into their team.  They ran Yi and Vi botlane against Nunu and me.

Intresting call on doubel exhaust, do you not find Barrier or Ignite more beneficial?

On the one hand - sorry for Last night in chat..

On the other hand - The SOAZ vs Wickd game was pretty interesting, pretty important to the EU All Stars team and unique...

It wasn't "just another LCS" game. it captured that quality that the LCS qualifiers also captured, the emotion of the players and the tension as they play on the top of there game to try and earn something they really want.

I get you want to play a game and sorry for interupting that...

but for you to ask for a complete amnesty, for us to begrudgingly comply and then for someone who is playing in the game with you to start talking about it....

SERIOUSLY?

As for the bad game, its cool Mark it happens and we shouldn't have been taking that game seriously anyway. I was having a rough night and I was sandbagging pretty hard. I made some REALLY bad calls in that bottom lane.

I'm probably about tonight, whether that becomes about and playing games we will see....

It was a few weeks ago so I'm trying to remember.  In general I do run ignite on Tristana so I don't know why I wasn't.  I almost certainly didn't see what Nunu took or he asked me to take exhaust.  As I have a dot on her I'm not against running without ignite.

Well, I dont think I was very fair in how I phrased what I said but I stand by what I was trying to ask. Apologies if it sounded like I was just being a dick.

To explain my evening up to that point. I had been looking forward to an evening playing lol because mondays are usually a busy lol night.

Had 1 game where we got stomped and you (Iso) ragequit after 10m which didnt help the way the game was going. I dont think it actually affected the outcome of the game but still doesnt help my mindset.

Then after waiting for what felt like ages for anyone else to get back (and getting owned by the AI in CIV 4, seriously that AI is gay) I decided to do a ranked game. I had just started and was getting stomped when everyone suddenly arrived back on voicechat and started talking about whatever game you were watching.

I didnt say anything and perhaps I should as this was quite distracting, or more reasonably I should have moved channels/logged off. Obviously this isnt your fault at all because you should be talking about lol games in the lol channel so thats my bad for not realising it was bothering/affecting me. I guess the difference is if someone is talking about a game when you are in a game its more distracting than if someone is talking about random space orcs while you are in a game. Anyway, whatever still not your fault.

Then everyone was distracted and didnt seem bothered about playing. After watching part of 1 match the stream goes down and we manage to get a group together for a game. Unfortunately this is the aforementioned snowball orianna game so we lose horribly and a couple of people now need to go.

I'm then attempting to get another game going but cant get a word in over the commentary and have no idea who is or isnt playing. Which is where I asked whether the people talking about this game can move channels or if we should. Which in itself I dont think is unreasonable but I admit I probably phrased it in a grumpy way. sorry!

All my hard work gets undone by Toms dastardly comment about the game which Iso and JD had kindly stopped talking about. Thus undermining my whole request. Sucks to be me.

you didnt have to stop talking. I asked if you could move channels or if we should because we genuinely couldnt talk with that going on. but whatever I admit I was grumpy so maybe it was a needless comment on my part.

I didn't realise you were playing when we came back. People were just sat chatting before I pointed out the challenge.

Apologies for the Rage Quit, I got really angry and irked, its been talked over now....

I know this doesn't solve the problem by itself but I'll mention it anyway. Everyone can make temporary channels on TS and Mark/Tom/me can make them permanent if they are useful. Maybe it would help to have a No Bullshit channel for when you only want to talk about the game you are in.

I can apologise, but I guess in the same way as other people, I was watching and enjoying the match and saw nothing wrong it discussing that while we organised a group and started a game, I did argue against anyone moving channels since I wanted to watch and talk about the game with everyone while setting up and playing with Ian (which happened).

Yeh and normally that all makes sense I was just being a bit grumpy.

I didnt think it was that unreasonable to suggest moving if the overtalking was going to ruin the game though. But I guess it wasnt a serious game so i wouldnt normally care about that much either.

Probably just because I'd had an evening of fail i didnt want to feel the game was lost before we started because we couldnt hear eachother talk.

Anyway whatever I was just grumpy so I apologise if I made a deal out of nothing!

I made mark pay by stealing all his kills in the last game anyway. Mwahahaha. I mean kill secure. Obviously.

and thats what happens when you dont play for a month! gosh, im so rusty.. but i still managed to killsteal all lanes! probably not the best tactical decision, eh?

Edited by Welsper

Welcome to the league of Draven.

Sorry I had to bail on the game. Last night was meetings till 12. 8am-12pm is a LONG day haha.

So Naomi rejoined us, was everything fine with her? I hope so.

Intermediate bots make me cry :( Also, dat Brand. Hence my farm is so low - I spent most of the time being dead or running away from him! It. Thing. Fire. Burny.

Edited by Maz

Brand is a little bit of a monster. He has some crazy hurtful combos.

The best thing you can do is

1) Buy boots early. Dodging his crcle of fire is always a great advantage. Also allows you to get the hell out of dodge when he ults. His Ult bounces between targets so be away from freindly champs/creeps so it can't bounce between you.

2) Buy magic reisstance. someting like an Abyssal Sceptre early will help reduce his damage while not impeding yours.

I believe his Dots are HP % so the Rod is good but not as effective as magic reisstance.

There were a few curses and "n00bs" out of her mouth, but you could see how obviously in jest they were (JD seemed to be her favorite target)

Though Swain is so mana hungry you kinda need the rod.

Honestly it's not all about the items though. It's about dodging their abilities or being out of range of them while farming safely. Brand does have nasty damage but then so do a high number of mid laners.

You missed the game after when i smite "secured" the enemy team blue buff  as nautilus when she was support/ap nidalee. she was not happy. Nauts mana hungry though!

She didnt asked. She just said "my blue buff". However it wasnt offensive I half thought it was funny to just take it and not exactly a waste since naut with a 40s cooldown ult is awesome.