Sign in to follow this  
Buachalla

Secret Santa?

Yes, we should. We should also get one of the poor people who won't take part to handle the matching so that everyone who wants to can take part in the "secret" part.

Edit: Poor as in "I spent all my money on beer" not "poor thing, has to organise BoT Secret Santa".

I dont like these things generally, though I appreciate you lot seemed to last year.

Unless someone else REALLY wants to do it, i'm happy to do the matchings etc.

I'll get this up and running soon. Kinda forgot about it this week.

Dan, if you wouldn't mind doing the match-ups, then that would be really awesome!

Yeah no worries. Shall we say end of the month for people to register interest? I'll then get matchings done within the first week of Nov?

Sounds fine to me. I'll look up posting dates when I get home tonight for a guide for people.

£10 suggested amount again alright with everyone?

Hmm, how are we gonna do this with people needing to post addresses etc?

People 'sign up', PM Dan with address and tick people off a list when he's got them? Also we'd ideally need an even number. Unless someone who's feeling generous volunteers to take two people?

Why do we need an even number? My plan is to take an appropriate DX and roll it vs a list.

For addresses, thread or PM is fine, i'll post whose i'm missing and make sure thats all sorted. Its a public forum though so be warned. When I send out "You are the secret santa for X" i'll send addresses as well.

Sorry guys, I've had no time to get stuck in sorting this.

OK!

If people want to throw names and addresses at Dan, and he makes a list of who he's got and we have a deadline for the end for, say, the 5th of November?

Last recommended posting services Service

UK

Thursday 13 December Standard and Mail Order Return Parcels

Tuesday 18 December Second Class and Recorded Signed For™

Thursday 20 December First Class and Recorded Signed For™

Special Delivery™

Friday 21 December Special Delivery™ with Saturday Guaranteed

Saturday 22 December Special Delivery™

http://www.royalmail.com/greetings

Edited by Buachalla

Triple post~!

We did a 'things we like' thing last time, didn't we? Do people want to do that again, or trust we are able to judge each other enough, having know each other long enough? ;p

Looking at the presents last year some people followed them and some ignored them, so I'd say they were helpful...for people with no imagination :D .

The other thing people need to indicate is whether they are fine with sending stuff abroad (more expensive, obviously), in case Khatum or Mike or someone is taking part.

Sent my Details to Dan.

Things I like -

Books - I'll pretty much give anything a go (as my secret santa proved last year with the amazing Space Captain Smith...

Music - Mostly into my Alt rock type things but once again will give anything a listen!

Technological gadgety things - Are always cool and I can put them on my desk and harass people at work...

Little Metal Mens - and thing that help me build/paint them!

Games - Games are win...

Food - Chocolate, nom noms!

So, erm.... yea! Hi Santa!