Sign in to follow this  
Nacey

The EVEMon Addicts Helpline Thread

So...

Goons are losing a war horribly.

Mittani has come out of the closet and decided he's Hitler...

Just Eve things

Yeah, I have been following this from a few different sources and looking at battle reports and dotlan.

• Data sources - Goons have lost 4 systems in Vale of Silent, also lost a SCAA with a baby titan. Goons have also lost the majority of the ISK war in the battles so far. Overall numbers higher for Goons on average but so spread out they are getting outnumbered in specific fights
  • Reddit/EvE24 - Massively anti-goon sites, they are basically portraying this as a goon failscade
  • Themittani.com - Goon propaganda site, they are saying that goons are withdrawing from Vale due to being over extended. Mittani's all fine speech here: https://www.twitch.tv/themittanidotcom/v/56823998?t=39m03s

Back story:

• The game has stagnated for the last year as there have been no conflict drivers. A change to the sovereignty systems makes taking space more of a grind with less large spectacular fights. It is also worth noting that the new sov system also requires you to use the space you take or it is harder to defend meaning more small groups owning space and limitting the large coalitions ability to hold space away from their home system.
  • Goons have had a high level of drama recently with a few notable very senior individuals being thrown under a bus by the Mittani. This has included Endie head of Bat Country corporation (a central and long standing corp in goonswarm) who has taken his group active players out of goons and is actively attacking them.
  • RMT(real money transfer) is driving a number of corps to attack goons, as a goon corp exposed a large RMT operation who are now really pissed and are funding mercenary groups to attack goons. The irony of goons calling out overs on RMT is huge, as the themittani.com pays its writers ISK while earning significant revenue from advertising.
  • Other groups are also being funded by Gevlon an EvE economics pro but also a tin foil hat extraordinaire who hates goons. He makes shed load of ISK then sends it to anti-goon mercenaries.
  • NCDot and Test are both making a resurgence and are bolstered by anti-goon players, Test is doing a good job of organising the overall offensive.
  • Pandemic Legion and Snuff Box have both committed their super capital fleets to the area, meaning that if goons want to drop capitals in the area they have to do it in full force. Which is difficult in a spread out battlefield. Pandemic Legion have also setup a newbie corporation for all to join, promising PL FCs and decent fights and its own forum but kept at arms length from the main PL elite crew. This is now being seen as the place to join over the goon equivalent. So goons are losing out on the new players who were its life blood.

Overall goons are culturally in the worst spot they have been for years, as a lot of the old guard are gone and no sense of identity on the goon forums. They are still the richest and most numerous coalition in the game, but I wouldnt be surprised if they ended up losing a couple of regions this year before they are able to easily defend their space.

And now CO2 one of the CFC's/Imperium's (whatever name the coalition led by goons is called) most active alliances has reset goons and gone full backstab. Unfortunately their plan to trap the entire CFC fleet before backstabbing them didnt come off, I for one would have logged in for that.

Turns out I still have forums access even though my account lapsed ages ago. Nothing particularly interesting on there though. I'd be half tempted to resub in the sense that a smaller swarm actually appeals to me but the EU part seems to be entirely dead.

Drama llama time: EVE Online guild moves voice chat to a new host. Host declares it a DDOS, nullroutes the traffic, and takes to twitter.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/4hx9w4/eve_online_guild_moves_voice_chat_to_a_new_host/

Company claims to have had a more legit reason than the CS guy gave for shutting off the service, but their fucking atrocious way of dealing with it is impressive.

As is the classic Eve player response of "i will be taking my internet spaceships and leaving, get fucced commies"

While they handled it badly, putting 600 users on a $20 VPS and expecting enterprise-grade support when you get DDoSed (or something that looked like it, it's unclear exactly who is telling the truth about the traffic) is spectacularly stupid.

Eve just announced free to play; not many sub only holdouts remaining.

It's pretty limited free to play: Tech 1 only, no Cyno, cloaking or Industrials, but still could be some interesting changes.

So... 

I was randomly looking to get back into EvE/had a twitch reward to redeem. 

Attempt to login and it couldnt find my email. 

I have had support trying to reclaim my account for a month now (though I think they put it as a low priority) and I think its linked to Todds email? 

Do you still have access to it Todd? 

Hello, Senior GM Huginn here,
Please, accept my sincerest apologies for the delay in returning to the issue.
To make sure there's no misunderstanding in regard to the account you are looking for, does the following email address look familiar (each "#" stands in place of an alphabetical symbol):
"t########@ymail.com" (8 letters have been omitted)
If familiar, how does it read in full and do you perhaps still have access to it?
This as far as an account holding the pilot, Gragneth, is concerned. As for an account by user name, "MDRLOz" or a pilot named "MDRLOz", I am afraid these could not be located.

Edited by Gragneth

I still have that email address active. I remember once buying a bunch of cheap accounts to abuse some free shit, might have been through Steam, so maybe it's related to that. We can try to recover/transfer it if you want.

Yep I recovered this, message me on something more interacting and I'll get it transferred to you.