Sign in to follow this  
dangphat

Secret santa?

Could we do a BoT Secret Santa?

It’s just an idea (stealing massively from the SA forums) 10GBP present limit not including postage. And you get a present in for the mix.

I would be happy to organize just depends on interest.

Was looking around for the SA one this year, didn't think of running one here but that's a fun idea, I'd be up for it

I might enter the TradGames SS this year. If you want some ideas for how to gather registrations, that thread might help.

I do have nice things, I bought them for myself.

The effort is in working out what someone else would appreciate, and then getting it to them, without them knowing that its you sending it. Someone sending to yourself for instance has to get their gift out of the country, which adds complexity.

I have things I think are nice, because I know what I would appreciate. *looks at his bag full of cards*

Dan, someone not participating can collect all address etc, and give them out once names have been shuffled to people.

I'd be up for this, and working in a bargain shop, with added discount, my ten quid would probably stretch pretty far :D

The effort is in working out what someone else would appreciate, and then getting it to them, without them knowing that its you sending it.
Or, since they have no idea who you are, you can mail them a book of I LOVE GOATS bumper stickers. It's really not that hard.

We kind of need to provide a return address on the box for international packages, though.. Would be kind of obvious when you receive a box from Belgium.

Just use Tom's (or whoever organises) for the return address on everything. Or you could send yours via Tom since he will know who you have anyway.

I'd be willing to participate, but it might be obvious to guess who sent the hand-drawn & inked sketch of your main. =p

I'd be up for something like this, but I suck horribly at presents so it'd be a mixed blessing for whoever got me :P

If you get an a-hole you can send them bees.

Right seems like enough people.

Private message me by 26th November with the following info:

• Your full real name
  • Your address (home or work, whichever is easiest for you receiving this)
  • Whether you have a preference not to deliver abroad (khatum you dont have a choice here)

Post in this thread with a hint to Santa.

On December 1st I will send out PMs to those involved explaining who you are buying for.

Try and get things to people by 25th December.

Gift should be around 10GBP (or if hand made invest more than an hour making?) not including packaging.

Online gifts are allowed but should be very cool to make up for lack of real life effort.

Charity shop gifts are cool because both your santee and the charity benefit.

On the 25th post here what cool shit you got.

Why not an in-game SS? Pick an arbitrary amount of gold to spend on the AH and tada.

As for posting... gifts would have to be redirected between sender and receiver (or this could be a bluff!).

Right seems like enough people.

Private message me by 26th November with the following info:

• Your full real name
  • Your address (home or work, whichever is easiest for you receiving this)
  • Whether you have a preference not to deliver abroad (khatum you dont have a choice here)

On December 1st I will send out PMs to those involved explaining who you are buying for.

Try and get things to people by 25th December.

Gift should be around 10GBP (or if hand made invest more than an hour making?) not including packaging.

Online gifts are allowed but should be very cool to make up for lack of real life effort.

Charity shop gifts are cool because both your santee and the charity benefit.

On the 25th post here what cool shit you got.

So far we have two Santa's in the mix which might give the game away a little, keep those PMs coming.

Why not an in-game SS? Pick an arbitrary amount of gold to spend on the AH and tada.

It would have to be pretty damn epic, I dont know quite what would say merry christmas in game in the correct way, maybe if you were to make an art attack style christmas picture out of a variety of corpses of forest creatures and PM the person to come on over. But RL>WoW etc.

You can find really cool stuff at carboot sales and 2nd hand stores ebay etc for 10 quid or even bake some goodies.

I think people are missing this part so I'll go ahead and get the ball rolling.

A few ideas to get you started:

• Fun board/card games, especailly small/portable stuff.
  • Book ideas: Quantum mechanics and related batshittery, history of science/maths, history of World War II.
  • Useful stuff to take to Glastonbury.
  • Anything football/guitar/computer related.
  • Delicious things.

Dear Santa

I like just about anything edible especially spicy food.

I have interest in rugby, art-deco things, alcohol and smoking paraphernalia, most other sports.

Muchos gracos Santa

Santa

Since you don't seem to have grasped the power to be omnipotent yet I'll let you in on my likes and dislikes.

Likes -

Little Metal Menz and things to do with making/painting them (Tools[Pin Drill, Files e.t.c], Paints [P3, Valejo, Citadel], Menz themselves [Hordes - Trolls, Minions. Warmachine - Cygnar, Cryx])

Music (I'll give anything a listen at least once, try and see what its all about and I love my music paraphanellea)

Chocolate (Nom Nom Nom, Nut Free Zone)

Geeky Gaming (Board, Video, Anything!)

Technology Trinkets (USB missile launchers are silly fun, Nerf Guns make weekends go faster, Vacuums shaped like trucks live on my desk at work along with lots of lego)