Sign in to follow this  
Nacey

Musings From My Desk

What I realise now might not be obvious from the screenshot, the reason I have the window stretched onto the second screen is because the application tiles are fixed-size and in fixed number rows. You would expect them to dynamically rearrange/resize to fit the screen, right? No. If I full-screen that Window it shows me 5 and a third tiles on the top row.

This musing brought to you live from my desk:

4XrxRcOl.png

(For being one of the first ten people to complete the security / data protection training thing :D.)

Have just been invited a talk named "Visual Storytelling in the Age of Algorithmic Narratives".

I'm pretty sure these are words but I have no idea what they mean.

Code review comment of the week:

This links to the comment above about making it private. If there's another test that checks that something occurs with the mockedViewController I'd remove this test and privatise it like it's the NHS and you are a tory :P

2 hours ago, Lagrosh said:

I'm confused. It's a method that should be private except it's called by the test?

I'm not sure what the full context of the original comment was, it wasn't my project, someone posted it in Slack.

One of my clients wants to use ISDN2 for their new phone system (so moving from their super obsolete ISDN30 DASS to something obsolete).....

:(:(:(:(:(

I have a worry that explaining Openreach's end of life plans will not change their mind. 

:(:(:(:(:(

Filling in a very complicated webform for my client and come across this.

"Our records indicate we paid you £x this year. If you agree with this figure enter £0 in the next box. If you disagree, enter the amount you received."

My records indicate the client received nothing so what do I put in the box?

I can't. The whole form is in round thousands (I'll be chasing rounding errors for hours) and won't accept decimals. Currently this has taken about 7 hours.

Edited by Kryton